You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
(USA) Director, Human Resources Communications - Human Resources
What you'll do...
The Director of HR Communications will oversee communications and storytelling about working at Walmart. In this role, you’ll lead internal and external HR communications and help tell the story of why Walmart is a great place to work, amplifying our many perks, benefits, career growth opportunities and more. This role will be specifically focused on HR/people communications for our Home Office associates (Global Tech, Finance, Corporate Affairs, Global Governance and Global People). The HR communications team is part of a larger Global Corporate Communications team at Walmart.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Enhancing Walmart’s reputation as a great place to work
- Providing expert advice and guidance in communication best practices and effectively translating ideas into rich and accessible digital content experiences
- Constructively challenging conventional narratives and ‘safe’ storytelling to generate bold ideas and angles that break through and resonate with readers
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You’re an experienced strategic thinker, passionate people manager and proven storyteller
- You have a history of demonstrating impeccable creative execution with strong attention to detail
- You have a track record of building successful cross-functional partnerships at scale
- You are comfortable taking creative risks and have a history of demonstrating sound judgement in risk-taking
- You have experience building and sustaining serialized content/campaigns with a global perspective
- You’re a natural leader who can play an active role brainstorming and expressing creative rationale confidently with executive presence
- You are an unwavering professional, capable of giving and receiving feedback, who anticipates and succeeds despite changes to creative plans, timelines and scope
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
The Walmart Global Communications team is focused on both traditional and new ways to reach audiences internally and externally and shape the reputation of the brand. Team members work cross-functionally with every aspect of Walmart business, connecting with associates across the globe. The work goes beyond retail. Our team has the ability to influence and impact communities across the U.S. in areas ranging from healthcare to sustainability to inclusion and diversity. We are a nimble group that comes from a vast background, yet are guided by the same north star: to work quickly, cost effectively and with vast foresight. Together, we innovate and are a force for positive change.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication, Public Relations, Liberal Arts, Fine Arts, or related field and 6 years’ experience in corporate communication, public relations, human resources, or related field OR 8 years’ experience in corporate communication, public relations, human resources or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Business Communications - External, Executive Management, Human Resources, Presenting to an executive-level audience, Public Relations Human Resources - Professional HR (PHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification, Human Resources - Sr. Professional HR (SPHR) CERTIFICATION - Certification, Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
- Attention To Detail
- Business Communication
- Certified Project Management Professional
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g5avlyx
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.