At Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions we are currently seeking a talented Senior Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer in Aurora, IN. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
The Senior Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing projects and training efforts associated with the Lean/Continuous Improvement transformation and sustainment initiatives.
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT?
- Managing production projects.
- Achieving targeted annualized cost goals and related cost reductions from lean, strategic sourcing, intelligent manufacturing, and capital strategy initiatives.
- Ensuring strategic goals are met and exceeded.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred.
- 8+ years progressive lean management experience required.
- 5+ years in a leadership role (direct or indirect).
- Periodic travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Regularly/Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment may be high.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
The Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions division of Matthews Memorialization is a leading manufacturer and distributor of caskets and other funeral home products in North America, producing a wide variety of wood, metal and cremation caskets. We sell our products exclusively through authorized distributors, primarily funeral homes.
Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions and Matthews Memorialization are (MATW) Matthews International companies.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Attention To Detail
Complex Problem Solving