ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is the 15th largest Catholic Charities agency in the U.S. and 10th largest nonprofit within the state of New Jersey with an annual operating revenue of more than $40 million. Annually, a staff of 600 provides more than 100,000 people in Burlington, Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean counties with support related to housing, food, mental health, specialized children's services, addiction treatment and domestic violence services. A private nonprofit recognized by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as one of the most fiscally efficient in the country, the organization uses less than 10 percent of our revenue for administrative costs. We are a recognized leader in trauma-informed work and have pioneered integrated healthcare in the State.
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is a great place to work! We are mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about service to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, I.T., Finance, Marketing, Nursing, and Government Relations. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs.
Catholic Charities is a faith-inspired organization and Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
Catholic Charities Diocese of Trenton is expanding its Accounting Department. We are looking for someone with one or two years of general accounting experience who can become part of our federal grant fiscal team.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for a variety of general accounting duties such as maintaining records, preparing financial reports and analysis of accounts.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual billings for assigned grants.
- Prepares monthly journal entries to the general ledger.
- Performs financial analysis and prepares financial reports.
- Analyzes general ledger accounts, grants and capital projects.
OTHER DUTIES: As assigned by Controller or Associate Executive Director of Fiscal Affairs.
- Primary responsibility is the processing of various grants –preparing and filing financial reports, verifying payment, primary contact with funding agency
- Collect and review detailed time sheets from programs against grant expenditures
- Complete budgets, projections, and budget modifications/GARF as needed
- Primary contact with program staff concerning grant spend down
- Provides year-end financial statement audit support.
- Back-up for Accounting Department functions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business or equivalent experience.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED: None
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles