To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mahwah, NJ 07430
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
UPS Professional • Mahwah, NJ
Posted 6 days ago
UPS is seeking a dynamic Information Technology (IT) Commodity Supervisor to support the implementation of strategic sourcing initiatives within assigned commodity. Does this sound like your ideal career opportunity? If so, we want to hear from you!
The IT Commodity Supervisor procures products and services at the highest quality and best rate. He/she works with suppliers to understand and improve supplier process performance and quality, optimize supply chains, and ensure requisitioning and ordering processes are in place. The IT Commodity Supervisor coordinates and reviews competitive bid quotations, evaluates pricing for inclusion in cost proposals, and contacts suppliers to negotiate or conduct reverse auctions to ensure the bid process is followed by Procurement Analysis. He/She analyzes the total Cost of Ownership to determine the most desirable and best method of purchase. The IT Commodity Supervisor works with cross-functional teams, conducts site visits and pre-bid and contract follow up meetings, and interviews as necessary to evaluate supplier products, services, and capabilities. He/She develops an expertise, with minimal supervision, in an assigned category through the industry and market, underlying cost factors and their effect on product quality and reliability in order to identify cost savings and/or quality improvement opportunities. The IT Commodity Supervisor formulates strategic sourcing initiatives for an assigned category in order to identify opportunities to optimize internal supply chain and market.
The IT Commodity Supervisor manages Cloud Computing (both private and public) and SaaS negotiation in IT Procurement. He/She interacts with senior management level users from both the UPS business and UPS technology communities on a regular basis. The IT Commodity Supervisor works with internal and external counsel to identify and mitigate risk to UPS in cloud and SaaS agreements. He/She leads all Cloud and SaaS negotiations ensuring user’s needs are met in reasonable timeframes. The IT Commodity Supervisor establishes best practices for negotiating contracts and coaching and training Commodity Specialists and administrative/technical employees to effectively participate in negotiations and assist in managing related contracts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works to complete spend analysis to use for bidding process
- Understands supplier relationships, performance measures, and incentives, and creates plans for achieving identified savings
- Resolves procurement requests, issues, and inquiries (e.g., corrects proposals, obtains resources, quotations, competitive bids, etc.) to support customer’s needs
- Assesses and validates customer needs and expectations (e.g., conducts research, evaluates resources, makes sourcing recommendations, etc.) to ensure that the right products or services are delivered on time, and at the right price
- Drafts contracts based on UPS standards, vendor proposals, and UPS requirements to secure deals with vendors
- Modifies standard contracts based on commercial and technical needs and vendor proposal to develop contractual requirements for final acceptance
- Works with outside counsel to write and negotiate project specific contracts for highly visible, high dollar value contracts
- Develops position papers to highlight commercial and contractual issues and concerns, and determines project and contractual goals
- Prepares contract summaries, risk analysis documents, and recommendations for management to execute binding agreements and justify the commercial viability of recommendations
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure ethical and fair business practices
Knowledge and Skills
- Understands and assesses current and future customer business needs, and defines project requirements
- Measures requirements and possible indicators for individual, group, department, and business unit results, and sets meaningful goals and objectives
- Understands and appreciates impact of global and cultural diversity on business
- Demonstrates a variety of negotiation techniques and understands each party's objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field - Preferred
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) - Preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, specifically Excel (e.g., Pivot tables, V-look ups, database creation/maintenance, etc.) - Preferred
- Experience in Oracle & Ariba systems - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity