We are seeking two dynamic and experienced Account Managers - Industrial Sales to join our team in Lexington, KY.
We have 2 opportunities for Account Managers.
- One will be primarily responsible for Western Kentucky covering from Lexington to Bowling Green with a few exceptions.
- One will be primarily responsible for South Eastern Kentucky from Lexington down the I75 and I64 corridors with a few exceptions.
Both territories have good established accounts and we are looking to expand market share and increase our customer base.
At Kaman Fluid Power, our Account Managers are responsible for managing an assigned sales territory and serve as the primary contact point with customers. They improve our company's profitability by increasing growth in market share and gross margin, achieving productivity improvements, and utilizing the company’s technical expertise and talents.
Kaman Fluid Power, a business unit of Kaman Distribution Group, is a leading provider of fluid power, motion control, electro-mechanical, robotics, machine safety, lubrication and process products and highly engineered systems and components for precision hydraulic and pneumatic applications. We are committed to providing our customers with the right solutions, focusing on their needs, and exceeding their expectations. Our people are the foundation of our success. The key to sustaining our competitive advantage is by investing in the development of our employees, driving innovation, and providing solutions for a better tomorrow.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages an assigned sales territory. Develops current customer base and establishes new customers. Promotes KFP, product initiatives, and services by making regular sales calls. Handles customer’s on-site problems (applications, design improvements, and product recommendations).
- Grows profitable market share by presenting value-added services. Keeps current with information of competitive products, customers’ machinery and process. Updates customers on new products. Attends product and selling skills seminars.
- Promotes and maintains effective working relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Maintains productive relationship with customer service associates through positive team work. Leads by example. Communicates information on new products and processes. Proactively engages customer service team in relationships with customers.
- Works with customers to identify cost savings opportunities and provides documentation of these via the KFP Value Management System.
- Analyzes sales performance. Keeps company informed of customer changes based on account responsibilities. Submits reports to management on a timely basis.
- Improves territory performance through increased sales and increased gross margins.
- Provides a high level of customer service to all customers; ensures proactive engagement and account development activities with all assigned accounts.
- Records account, contacts, and sales activities in CRM.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Accomplishes related results as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Technical Degree preferred
- Fluid power certification is a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of industrial sales experience
- Familiarity with Fluid power components, electro-mechanical products or a strong mechanical aptitude with a desire to learn
- Knowledge of the application and tools involved in the selection of hydraulic, pneumatic, electro-mechanical, robotic, vacuum, lubrication, filtration and automation components and systems
Skills/Abilities Essential to the Position:
- Customer Service Orientation
- Action Oriented
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Insight
- Problem Solving
- Team Oriented
- Computer Proficiency
- Ability to work in unstructured environment
- Technical Application
- Time Management
- Communication (writing, speaking, listening)
Knowledge Essential to the Position:
- Planning Methods/Techniques
- Distribution Industry
- Customer Industry and Market
- Products and Service
- CRM knowledge
Benefits and Company Overview
- Capable of lifting up to 25 lbs.
Our comprehensive compensation package and benefit program includes:
- Your choice of medical insurance providers and plans, Dental insurance, and Flexible spending accounts
- Company matching 401(k) with a great vesting schedule
- Company paid Life (family) & STD insurances, Vacation, Holiday & Sick time
- 100% tax-free tuition reimbursement
Kaman Distribution Group is comprised of three business units: Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial Technologies. We offer more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation, material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide engineering, design, and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis, and motor management. Offering products and solutions from more than 220 locations, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent. #KDG #KFP #KIT #KAI
- Assembly And Installation
- Cost Reduction