The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is a leading healthcare nonprofit organization like no other. For decades, we have been taking major steps and pioneering new ways to advance the mission to find a cure for cystic fibrosis and to provide all people with CF the opportunity to lead long, fulfilling lives by funding research and drug development, partnering with the CF community, and advancing high-quality, specialized care.
We are the global leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis and nearly every CF drug and therapy available today was made possible because of CF Foundation support. We did this not only for the close to 40,000 people living in the U.S. with CF - and the estimated 105,000 people worldwide - but for the people with CF and families who have worked tirelessly to support the mission.
These achievements have required dedication and unwavering commitment from a talented team of CF Foundation employees. We promote an environment that attracts -- and retains -- a diverse group of talented people who are passionate about eradicating this disease . Join us and you will join an amazing team, devoted to our community, and our mission.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
* Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
* Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
* Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
* Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
* Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible because of Foundation support.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation seeks an experienced Executive Assistant to support the President and CEO and the Chief of Staff at its national headquarters located in Bethesda, Maryland. This role will coordinate and execute critical administrative duties on behalf of the CEO and the Chief of Staff, and coordinate the daily operations of the CEO's office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide a full range of exceptional, executive-level administrative support for the CEO and the Chief of Staff including, but not limited to:
* Serving as a proactive thought-partner who is highly responsive to a full range of internal and external requests on behalf of the CEO and the Chief of Staff.
* Gathering and reviewing all materials to ensure the preparation of the CEO for major meetings and events in coordination with leadership and the Chief of Staff.
* Owning and driving the complex, ever-changing calendars of the CEO and the Chief of Staff; prioritizing appropriately and anticipating needs.
* Acting as strategic manager of and gatekeeper for CEO's time.
* Representing the CEO in all interactions and ensuring high level of responsiveness, support, and sensitivity to all requests of importance, especially those from people with CF and their families and the CFF leadership team.
* Building effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, especially with department leaders and community members.
* Supporting the drafting, editing, proofing, and preparation of materials, including emails, letters, presentation decks, meeting agendas, etc. on behalf of the CEO and in close coordination with the Chief of Staff and other departments, as needed.
* Supporting all levels of preparation for CEO-driven meetings in close coordination with the Chief of Staff, including agenda and materials development, correspondence, and meeting planning and execution.
* Managing general correspondence for the CEO and the Chief of Staff (including managing team files; receiving, screening, prioritizing, and drafting responses to incoming mail; phone calls; etc.)
* Coordinating end-to-end travel needs for the CEO and the Chief of Staff, including car, flight, hotel, etc. and anticipating key details for trips such as commuting times and directions.
* Managing and maintaining the master calendar for the organization, which includes key internal and external meetings across all departments.
* Processing timesheets and expenses for CEO, Chief of Staff, and direct reports in a timely way; Accurately maintaining records of expense receipts for reimbursement.
* Performing general office duties/assistance, as needed.
* Managing all matters with a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* 6 plus years of C-Suite level, administrative experience required.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
* Good judgement, professionalism and the discretion to handle confidential information.
* Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
* Flexibility to adapt to quickly shifting and/or competing priorities.
* Ability to effectively prioritize all tasks and successfully complete tasks in a timely fashion.
* Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
* Maturity and integrity that fosters respect and trust from others.
* Demonstrates diplomacy and calmness under pressure.
* Highly collaborative with the flexibility to work as part of a team and individually to meet goals and deadlines.
* Strong knowledge of all MS Office software.
* Occasional scheduled travel, as needed.
* Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, and temperature.
* No heavy lifting required.
* Minimal travel (e.g., 2x/yr.) to conferences and meetings, as necessary.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Total Rewards: The CF Foundation is committed to offering competitive compensation (base pay and incentive), benefits, and professional development opportunities that maximize our ability to recruit, retain, reward, and motivate a highly-qualified and diverse workforce. Our comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage; generous time-off and leave policies; a holistic well-being program; health savings and flexible spending accounts; employer-provided life and disability insurance; retirement savings benefits; and a variety of work-life benefits to support employees and their family members.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodations: The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Executive Assistant to the President & CEO and the Chief of Staff
- Agenda Development
- Attention To Detail