To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lake Forest, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Product Marketing Manager, Baldwin
Spectrum Brands • Lake Forest, CA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Product Marketing Manager, Baldwin
Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
This role is responsible for developing and executing commercial product plans to expand and drive overall electronic lock growth. This individual will lead the overall product management and execution for all electronic lock product brands for all channels including retail, field sales, showrooms, residential security, and consumer electronic customer initiatives.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
(60%) - New Product Development (NPI)
- Leads cross-functional team (engineering, sourcing, supply chain, finance) through multiple on-going product development projects at various stages of development via HHI milestone process.
- Develop and execute strategic product road development. Understanding of market, channel and/or customer dynamics, product design, trends, and end –user preferences and purchase drivers.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities, product adjacencies, customers and markets.
- Development of NPI scope documents (preliminary financials, KPIs, timeline management, etc.)
- Annual supplier and factory trips
- Present and interact with senior level internal and external customers
- Participate in annual 3-5 year strategic planning process.
(20%) - Talent Development
- Hire, manage, and develop one to two individuals. Supervises departmental staff of 1-2 employees, monitor performances, and evaluates departmental effectiveness. Deploys situational leadership to ensure group objectives are met, while providing room for the team’s personal contributions and growth.
- Actively participates in Performance Management, Individual Development Plan creation and Goal Planning as part of preparing the team for advancement and leadership within the organization.
(10%) - Portfolio Maintenance
- Supports brand guidelines to insure consistency, with specific influence on packaging, merchandising, and collateral related to assigned projects.
- Coordinate meeting materials for customer product collaboration, line reviews and business reviews. Includes but not limited to product samples, display materials, labels, POP, research results and the printed presentation.
- Work with quality and brand to support installation workshops, videos, and related initiatives.
- Create and deliver training modules for internal and external customers.
- Responsible for the sales and gross margin performance of portfolio, includes setting pricing, P&L, asset management etc.
- Own product life cycle
(10%) – Business Processes
- Contributes to HHI financial and business initiatives through established rhythms and assigned projects. Examples include sales and operations planning to improve forecast accuracy or inventory initiatives tied to working capital.
- Support the management of the on-line databases to ensure proper content (internal as well as customer websites)
- Manage product documentation process including mix management, product life cycle. Generate reports, tools as required.
- Create impactful initiatives to drive the business
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience / MBA preferred
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience within consumer electronic product management
- Advanced in Microsoft Office Skills
- Advanced Presentation Skills
- Good Project Management Skills
- Advanced Profit & Loss / Budget knowledge
- Advanced industry knowledge
- Advanced Category Management knowledge
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.