To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St. Louis, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Engineer 2, Software (Java)
Enterprise Holdings • St. Louis, MO
Posted 10 days ago
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
IT Pricing Maintenance supports and maintains the data that determines what price we offer to our customers. This data ranges from contract, product, coupon, and pricing values. There are over 100 forms, syncs, and SQL processes that spread this data through various applications that support multiple lines of business. We work closely with business sponsors to ensure our pricing data is being created and supported in a way that gives us a competitive advantage on what we can offer to our customers. We take rate integrity into consideration to ensure pricing data can be maintained and created in in the most thoughtful way. Going forward, Pricing Maintenance has the unique opportunity to evolve existing solutions with newer innovative technologies that bring immediate benefit to the business.
As an Engineer 2, Software (Java) you will be a member of the Pricing Maintenance team that designs, develop, supports the pricing applications that have made us the industry leader rental transportation services. The scope of this role will include the development and maintenance on the Pricing applications along with supporting the Odyssey pricing forms, various syncs, and SQL batch jobs.
In this role, you will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to solve business problems. We are looking for a talented individual that can serve as a subject matter expert in their area of focus and represent our department on complex assignments. You will be responsible for evaluating elements of technology’s effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and make recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness. You will be required to listen to and evaluate customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations.
As an Engineer 2, you will also have the opportunity to develop your leadership potential by mentoring newer team members on new tasks and assignments.
- Use Java Related Technologies - Spring Framework, REST web services to create new solutions for rate changes
- Monitor SQL batch automation and implement process improvements
- Recommends enhancements that result in increased quality and service, and ensures optimal performance of the environment
- Understand Pro C to assist with evolving and supporting existing Odyssey Pricing forms
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- 3+ years of Java development experience
- 1+ year of experience with SQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and prioritizing skills
- Must possess initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction
- Must be flexible in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Experience with CSS and HTML
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools
- Experience with Tomcat or Weblogic Middleware
- Experience with source control management (BitBucket,GIT, or SVN experience preferred)
- Experience in Agile methodology and JIRA
- Experience with Spring framework or similar
- Leadership skills in a team environment
- Experience with basic UNIX commands