You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Auditor - Global Internal Audit
Cognizant’s Internal Audit is a global function responsible for successful and efficient execution of the company’s SOX Program, annual audit plan approved by the Audit Committee, and reviews requested by Executive Leadership / Senior Management.
Internal Audit has auditors who have diversified skills and experience in areas of risk management and internal audits, both process and technology related. The function’s success measured in terms of quality, value-add and efficient delivery largely depends upon the collective and individual contributions of the auditors.
Senior Auditors have the unique opportunity to work in a global environment, acquire diverse experiences, develop new skills and nurture their growth. As a member of the global internal audit, the senior auditors will:
- Work across SOX, audit and advisory engagements.
- Work on process and technology related areas.
- Assigned to engagements based on their availability, expertise and development needs
- Engage with different audit leads and team members.
- Assigned to varied roles and responsibilities across engagements. These include leading engagements, managing resources and delivery, and interacting with senior stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities: Senior Auditor – Global Internal Audit
The Senior Auditor supports the audit lead in the planning, execution and reporting of engagements. The individual’s responsibilities include:
- Understanding engagement objectives and assisting the engagement manager in preparing the plan and testing procedures to meet the review objectives.
- Gaining detailed understanding of relevant business processes, systems and controls. Leading performance of risk assessments and controls evaluations. Identification of areas for leveraging data analytics.
- Performing engagements in accordance with the planned scope/ risk areas, aligned with budget expectations. Assists in tracking and reporting project status and milestones.
- Adhering to Corporate SOX / Audit Methodology and documentation requirements at all times.
- Perform internal controls operating effectiveness testing and documentation in accordance to department guidelines and external auditor requirements.
- Assisting in the assessment of identified gaps and areas for improvementand evaluating their significance and potential business impact. Propose remediation steps that are practical and reasonable.
- Driving discussions/agreements on detailed audit findings with the audit team and management prior to final report issuance to ensure clear understanding and consideration about the noted issues and the related actions to be implemented.
- Building good working relations with key stakeholders.
- Continuously focus on self-development by attending trainings, seminars and acquiring relevant certifications.
Required Skills and Experience: Senior Auditor – Global Internal Audit
- At least 3 years of progressive audit/accounting/finance/operations/risk assessment or compliance experience.
- Previous experience in external audit / internal controls at a reputable accounting firm.
- Consistent application of strong oral and written communication with a high attention to detail.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures.
- Working knowledge of risk management frameworks such as COSO, Internal Audit and regulatory requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- CPA/CA, CIA, CFE or equivalent.
- Ability to work independently within a large multinational and geographically dispersed environment.
- Ability to organize and manage large quantities of data and effectively multi-task; ability to think outside-of-the-box and have a problem-solving mindset, with a strong affinity for teamwork.
- Ability to relate well with various levels of management; high self-awareness to continuously identify and implement leadership skills.
- Ability to travel without restriction (not to exceed 20%).
***Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
- Attention To Detail
- Auditing Standards
- Business Processes
- Cash Or Share Options
- Certified Fraud Examination
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g22lu67
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.