To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Meridian, ID
- Kelly Marsh
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Software Developer
TEKsystems, Inc • Meridian, ID
Posted 1 month ago
NOT AVAILABLE C2C
Analyze business/functional requirements and design, develop, and test web services and other software components to build out the Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA). Develop high quality, maintainable and high-performance software components (services, classes, database components, etc.). Participate in defining, documenting and developing software, contribute to architecture and technical design discussions, code reviews, and technical design/specifications in collaboration with the development team.
- Six years of design and development of enterprise level applications using .NET, C#, and/or Java and service-oriented design and development to include:
- Extensive experience with design and implementation of SOAP and RESTful services
- Experience working on Agile/Scrum development team
- Extensive experience analyzing, defining, designing, implementing, testing and maintaining complex software systems
- Supporting client needs, products and technologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or closely related technical field.
- Agile and Scrum framework and tenets
- Automated tests frameworks such as MSTest, NUnit, XUnit, or equivalent
- Object Oriented principles and design
- Distributed application development
- SDLC, version control, modeling and analysis, and system use cases
- Relational databases, SQL, database design and stored procedures
- Software integration and library module interfaces
- Web Service design patterns
- Use of software design principles
- Use of libraries, frameworks and code reuse
- Database-related development (reading and writing complex SQL queries and stored procedures, etc.) - Advanced
- Service interface and related standards like XML, SOAP, REST, WSDL, WCF, MQ, etc. - Advanced
- Transfer protocols (HTTP/S, FTP, SFTP, etc.) as well as experience with publish/subscribe and request/response methodologies - Advanced
- Continuous Integration (CI)
- Detailed oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated to keep cutting edge technology skills current through training and development
- Analytical and problem solving
- Debugging and refactoring
- Read and write SQL - Advanced
- Decompose complex problems and perform root cause analysis of production incidents that results in corrections or optimizations of software and/or processes to eliminate reoccurrence of such problems
- Identify and promote process improvement
- Effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels
- Quickly identify and analyze problem areas and correlate them to known defects to optimize processes
- Collaborate with other developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Actively work to resolve technical effort challenges and facilitate knowledge transfer between team members focused on shared objectives
- Ensure that a positive customer experience drives the approach to work, the quality demonstrated, and the endpoint for measuring success
- Create automated unit tests as part of software development process
- Create and execute integration and regression test plans based on system and validation requirements
- Provide high-level and detailed software development estimates
- Drive efforts to completion to meet goals and/or project timelines
- Analyze and optimize already deployed applications
- Work with Team Architect, Solution Architect and Enterprise Architecture team to ensure consistency with existing services and applications
- Deploy the solution on a high-availability shared service production environment
- Work under tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Carry out and facilitate multiple concurrent projects
- Participate in on-call rotation, 24 hours a day, for supported systems
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or closely related field
- Healthcare and/or health insurance industry experience
- Knowledge of EDI ANSI X12 transactions
- Experience with Web Services Security (WS-Security)
- Experience with automated build and deployment tools
- Experience with SSRS reporting and SSIS processing
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Engineer the solutions that drive software development efforts.
- Lead and drive the technical strategy of software development and services architecture definition.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to other department and division team members.
- Lead design forums, investigate, and share best practices, and help drive technology choices.
- Manage and maintain deployment and releases of software including change management processes.
- Iteratively develop or modify software following Agile/Scrum principles.
- Continuously review and improve software development practices including plan, test, design, etc.
- Promptly escalate issues that affect product delivery and quality that are beyond scope of influence to the team, and report same to reporting manager.
- Complete coding and automated unit testing activities on-schedule and per quality expectations.
- Create reusable components to streamline development.
- Lead the team in team design and code reviews.
- Adhere to service development and team-defined best practices, standards and naming conventions.
- Adhere to service lifecycle methodology prescriptive governance and architecture best practices.
- Test for interoperability, scalability, regression and any other standards conformance.
- Keep current on emerging software technology and make recommendations on use of such technology.
- Stay abreast of state-of-the art technology and best practices in the industry.
- Mentor peers and junior team members, and participate in and promote a knowledge-sharing environment.
- Provide guidance to the partner operations support team in monitoring, measuring and reporting system health, performance and uptime metrics.
- Perform periodic system administration tasks including evaluating/reviewing, installing and configuring new software releases, upgrades, patches, and installing and configuring.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.