To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
8887 West Grand River Avenue
Fowlerville, MI 48836
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Flex-N-Gate Corporation • Fowlerville, MI
Posted 9 days ago
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Ventra Fowlerville is looking for an employee focused Human Resources Manager to establish and maintain tactical and strategic Human Resource leadership at the plant level. Uses principals and practices of human resource management to contribute to the success of the short and long term business goals. Expertise in solving problems and the execution of objectives. This position has a two direct reports (Generalist and Clerk).
Ventra Fowlerville manufactures a wide range of molded and painted automotive components. We develop and produce fascia and trim components used on many of today's vehicle lines including but not limited to the 2020 Ford Explorer and Jeep Wrangler Sport.
- Understands and interprets HR policies and procedures and interprets the intent, spirit, and terms employees and managers. Explains to employees all company and governmental rules, regulations, and procedures, and the need for compliance.
- Counsels management in the application of effective employee policies and practices. Verifies adherence to employee policies and practices day – to day implementation of CBA and policies concerning wages, hours, and working conditions.
- Recommend revisions or drafts of new policies and procedures required. Presents to the General Manager and/or HR Director for approval.
- Screens, counsels, and recommends employees for participation in training and education programs. Coordinates employee participation in established training courses offered through community schools, professional service providers, and other vendors.
- Recruits and hires all levels of personnel for company needs and establishes company recruitment and hiring procedures. Monitors staffing requirements for all departments.
- Manages preparation of employee separation notices and related documentation, and exit interviews to determine reasons behind all separations.
- Prepares reports on variety of HR Metrics on weekly, monthly, and annual basis as required.
- May represent the organization at hearings and investigations and acts as the company representative for all legal proceedings against the company (EEOC, NLRB, Arbitrations).
- In conjunction with EH& S Manager, oversees worker compensation program to minimize costs and coordinate problem areas with the insurance carrier.
- Participates in and conducts problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Creates Plant communications and facilitates/coordinates Town Hall Meetings, Utalk meetings, orientations, and other training/communications.
- Ensures all employees receive necessary training.
- Gate keeper of all training records and files.
- Directly supervises employees in the Human Resources Department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraisal performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; Directs and mentors team to ensure they are providing customer- oriented service by training, supervising and coordinating work activities.
- Responsible for all dealing concerning Employee Benefits, including: Health, Dental, Vision Life & Supplemental insurances; 401K; and all Unemployment Compensation; Workers Compensation.
- University Degree in related field or; Community College diploma in related field or; Five years experience in Human Resources ; experience in a Union environment a plus.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets professional journals, financial reports, government regulations and legal documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, employees, and or managers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written); Good presentation skills
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Ability to participate in developing procedures manuals and handbooks.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and employees.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Strong working knowledge of Human Resources Information System
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good employee relation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job ID: 2019-4995
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.