Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
To ensure accurate reporting and tracking for the life cycle of a fixed asset. To perform account reconciliation and analyses to ensure the integrity of the reported fixed asset and work in progress balances in the financials. To provide accounting expertise to operations, tax and other internal customers.
- Maintain Fixed Asset subledger: Additions, Disposals, Transfers
- Work with Operations, Engineering and Finance to establish Capital Projects and Spend in the SAP system
- Work with Tax Department to help post month end journal entries
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis. Research outstanding items and determine appropriate action.
- Review and analyze financial statements for accuracy and comparability, making adjustments as necessary.
- Maintain accrual accounting.
- Communicate significant financial findings to director Corp. Accounting/Controller for inclusion in Financial Reports (Blue Book).
- Assist in the year-end fixed asset count process
- Prepare special analysis as requested by field personnel.
- Prepare and enter manual and uploaded journal entries for month-end close.
- Assist with internal and external audits as requested.
- Identify, develop & update accounting desk procedures as necessary.
- Working knowledge of and experience with A/R, A/P, G/L and budgeting functions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize and meet deadlines.
- Strong spreadsheet and word processing PC skills, including Windows applications.
- Exposure to Quality, Strategic Planning and Teamwork concepts.
- 0-key by touch.
- Exposure to SAP ERP
• Bachelor degree in Accounting
• 2+ years accounting experience
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
- Balance Sheet
- Financial Statements
- Fixed Asset
- Accrual Accounting