You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Field Service Technician
**This Position Follows a Union Bidding Process**
About the Role:
Windstream’s team of Field Service Technicians are vital team members who represent our leading telecommunications brand that connects homeowners, small business, enterprise and carrier partners across the United States. Our team of Field Service Technicians care about technology and connecting customers to products they value. Through providing technical expertise and customer support, our Field Service Technicians create meaningful connections with customers that create long-term relationships.
What You’ll Do:
- Install and repair business communications services including telephone, internet, and video.
- Train and work with tools and test equipment to provide service of multiple different technologies and network designs.
- Recommend products and services that resolve their communications needs.
- Work in both buried and aerial plant requiring pole climbing and ladder skills.
- Safely operate and maintain clean and organized company service vehicle.
- Work in both inside and outside environments.
- Complete necessary safety training and follow safety standards and regulations.
- You will report to the Manager of Local Operation.
Do You Have?
- Basic technology and math skills
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable
- Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of 275lbs
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, capable of working aloft
- Ability to successfully complete required safety training
- Ability to work assigned schedules and extended hours including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours
- Ability to respond to after hour callouts
- Customer service or sale experience.
- Certifications or training directly related to the position.
- Two-year technical degree in computers or electronics, or the equivalent in work experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Participation in Windstream’s benefit plans by employees in bargaining units is subject to the terms of their collective bargaining agreement
Windstream is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S. Windstream offers bundled services, including broadband, security solutions, voice, and digital TV to consumers. The company also provides data, cloud solutions, unified communications and managed services to business and enterprise clients. The company supplies core transport solutions on a local and long-haul fiber-optic network spanning approximately 150,000 miles.
Actual base pay for this job will depend on the candidate's primary work location and other factors, such as relevant skills and experience.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Driver's License and a safe driving record
This is a safety sensitive position.
Job Category: Bargaining
Primary Location: US-Ohio-Paulding
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
- Child Life Insurance
- Collective Bargaining
- Customer Service
- Defensive Driving
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 23000932
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.