To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Remote, OR 97458
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Field Sales Engineer
Materion Corporation • Remote, OR
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics, telecommunications, commercial aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable customers’ technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world’s only integrated “mine-to-mill” supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,700 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, check out our video “Materion Is” along with other videos https://www.youtube.com/user/MaterionVideos/playlists of us showing you how we’re Making a Difference our shared purpose of” Making Advanced materials that Improve the World.”
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Materion has an exciting opportunity for a field sales engineer to develop and manage a sales territory located in and around the West Coast. Materion is seeking a passionate, self-starter to drive profitable sales growth for our Performance Alloys & Composites (PAC) business. This role will help drive sales growth across an array of PAC products, in the Automotive and Consumer Electronics, Telecom Infrastructure, Commercial Aerospace, Oil, Gas and Alternative Energy, Mining and many other markets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives sales efforts to attain and exceed company sales goals – including value-added sales, new business opportunities and gross margin
- Sells and markets Materion solutions to assigned direct customers and authorized distributors
- Delivers impactful customer and industry presentations highlighting Materion’s products and service capabilities
- Seeks out new business opportunities, nurtures through the sales pipeline and into winning new applications
- Seeks out purchasing and engineering decision makers and develops solid business relationships
- Provides technical and application assistance to influence design and specification into Materion products
- Explores opportunities to sell additional products to existing customer base to increase the value of customer/vendor partnership
- Provides accurate sales reports, forecasts; effectively leverages customer relationship management (CRM-Sugar) system to manage all territory sales, leads and key opportunities for business operational analysis and review
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Materials or Mechanical Engineering, preferred) or related technical discipline required.
- 10+ years professional experience in technical sales, product management or product design
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, understand and communicate technical requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills including group presentation skills
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, and Word) and CRM system skills required
- Ability to travel up to 50% travel as required to manage assigned accounts and territory
- Professional level key OEM account management and sales skills
- Master’s degree (MBA or MS degree)