GDIT is seeking a Research Technician I in support of the Naval Medical Research Unit in San Antonio, TX (NAMRU-SA). Specific laboratory research duties include:
- Responsible for supporting laboratory based research applying the latest scientific knowledge hemorrhage and resuscitation, immunomodulation, directed energy bio effects, bioassay development, craniofacial, and infectious diseases.
- Implements and maintains research files.
- Assists with preparation for presentations and written published articles.
- Performs daily laboratory experiments.
- Aids in obtaining peer-reviewed manuscripts and composing annotated bibliographies.
- Assists the Government in ordering and maintaining inventory of supplies related to research under contract.
- Performs daily data analysis and report such to PI and other research staff.
- Provides additional functionality incidental to research activities.
- Sets up, operates, and calibrates laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Compiles and may analyze data using scientific or statistical techniques.
- Writes and edits material for Standard Operating Procedures; service shall not include inherently Governmental functions.
- Reports on status of research activities.
- Handle and restrain (daily) various small and large animal species.
- Assists the Government in maintaining sterile equipment, pest control, and record keeping for contract personnel; services shall not include inherently Governmental functions.
- Aids in conducting daily and weekly inspections or areas of contractor responsibility to ensure compliance with standards.
- Aids the Government in coordinating animal procurement and shipping procedures; services shall not include inherently Governmental functions.
Customer preferred - Associates Degree with two years of experience or Bachelors degree
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.