Accountant - Entry LevelCompensation:
$21.00 to $23.00 hourly
Our Client, a provider of quality affordable housing, is looking for candidates with an accounting background to join their team as an Accountant II. The Accountant II would be responsible for the following:
• Preparation of financial analysis and reports.
• Ensures that funds are properly reported and expended.
• Compiles and analyzes financial information and prepares journal entries to account documenting
• business transactions and prepares reports.
• Responsible for properly accounting for grants and processes thus ensuring compliance with funding source administrative guidelines including, but not limited to: timely receipt of revenue; accurate submission of financial reports; and orderly, timely and accurate closure of projects; as applicable.
• Facilitates the year-end close process with internal and external auditors serving as a liaison to external auditors. Manages the audit/assurance process by assisting with audit fieldwork and reviewing and/or preparing audit work papers.
• Collects appropriate data and prepares all necessary reports for the Housing and Urban
• Development Department (HUD), lenders, and other regulatory parties.
• Assists in the training of accounting staff in assessing accounting policies, procedures, financial reports and internal controls.
• Ensures accuracy and timeliness in classifying and recording of financial and business transaction data;
• Performs month-end closings to include posting accruals, reconciling bank accounts, and review of financial statements.
• Monitors compliance with debt convent, trusts, loan, and other regulatory agreements.
• Provides assistance and information that is vital to the decision-making process to senior accounting staff and management.
• Prepares contractual and Regulatory financial accounting reports to external investors and other parties.
• Prepares internal and external financial statements, including cash flow statements, on an annual basis. Completes year-end tasks including posting accruals, tracking cash flows, and finalizing annual reconciliations.
• Prepares statistical analyses and identifies financial areas requiring analysis.
• Assists in the budget process by researching fluctuations between actual and projected operations.
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) form an accredited four-year college or university in Accounting required - minimum 3.00 GPA in Accounting courses.
• Must have the ability to learn and use cloud applications such as Google GSuite applications to
• include but not limited to: Google Chrome Browser, Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets and Slides
• Attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
• Accurate, swift, data entry abilities
• Microsoft Office 365 experience preferred
• Deep understanding of Google Chrome
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills of the company
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans