Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or the grilles on the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply
SRG Global is seeking you to become our next Manufacturing Engineer!
The primary role of this position is to provide hands-on support to the plant’s manufacturing activities and to drive process and capability improvements.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes
- Identifying and resolving workflow constraints and championing improvement projects
- Evaluating and improving racking, un-racking and inspection processes; developing time/motion standards for manufacturing processes
- Developing and maintaining standardize work instructions, including video Work instructions
- Working with production to improve scheduling system and planning system
- Coaches and enforces plant safety policy and safe work methods
- Take active role in design of plating racks for new programs with special attention on ergonomics
- Drive projects that will increase productivity for the Rack Change process
- Work with CFT team on learning and completing quotes for new programs
- Work with Rack vendor on plating rack improvements
- Drive projects that will improve quality
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial and/or Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Manufacturing Engineer or Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Proficient in Value Stream Mapping, Data Analytics, and using metrics to compose solutions to complex problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Must be able to perform job functions in parallel (Multi-tasking)
- Must be self-supervised, have good leadership skills, and have professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to stand or walk on concrete floor for 8+ hours; lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- Requires hand, arm, back, and leg strength; also bending and squatting ability
- Must have eye, foot, and hand coordination, and be able to do repetitive grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine motor manipulation
- Ability to work in fluctuating temperatures & perform work indoors / outdoors as needed
- Must have regular and predictable attendance
What Will Put You Ahead ?
- Knowledge in automotive quality systems including 8D, KANBAN pull systems, and lean manufacturing
What Do We Have To Offer?
If you have been looking for an environment where people are valued, entrepreneurial spirit is boundless and opportunities for success are based on merit, and if you want to add value to your company, then Guardian Industries may be the place for you.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.Equal Opportunity Employer.Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:
[ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply
Value Stream Mapping
Continuous Improvement Process