To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arcadia, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Transdev North America • Arcadia, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
The Parts Manager manages all aspects of the Parts Department under general supervision.
- Checks prices and purchases all vehicle parts; prepares purchase orders and transmittals for management approval.
- Maintains adequate level of parts inventory.
- Tracks all part usage in RTA.
- Builds and maintains relationships with parts vendors.
- Supervises the work of the Parts Clerk.
- Conducts monthly cycle counts of 20% of inventory.
- Prepares Monthly reporting utilizing RTA.
- Process Invoicing
- Maintain Warranty Claims
- Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required :
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Preferred :
- Associates degree or military experience in inventory control and purchasing preferred.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge Required:
- 5 or more years of experience in the acquisition, disbursement, and inventory of vehicle parts and supplies.
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience required *.*
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of the principals, methods, and procedures of fleet inventory.
- Ability to identify and locate a variety of vehicle parts and supplies.
- Knowledge of parts and tools needed to repair diesel equipment.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, inventory management systems, and standard office machines.
- Strong attention to details.
- Travel requirement (as a percent): <5% for occasional meetings.
- Must submit to drug testing, physical examination, and a criminal background check.
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a shop environment with moderate noise.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-10161
Position Category Management & Above
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 626
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services