Basic FunctionProvide technical support to various areas of the business related to biocompatibility, cleaning, and sterilization of reusable and single use medical devices.
Work on technical projects of limited scope with focus on sterilization, cleaning and biocompatibility
Support and complete project deliverables with supervision in collaboration with the Clinical Sciences team
Collaborate with cross-functional groups such as R&D, Operations, and Marketing as needed to support completion of project deliverables
Complete project deliverables in compliance with regulatory requirements (e.g., standards) and Stryker’s QMS
Analyze and interpret test results against established criteria and work with the Clinical Sciences team to resolve open issues
Other duties and projects as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities - None
Blood Borne Pathogen Category A Position - Not applicable
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/ or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Must be able to review printed materials.
Must be able to communicate telephonically
Must be able to use common office equipment (e.g. calculator, PC, telephone, etc.)
Ability to interface effectively and collaborate with internal partners and project teams
Must be able to interpret medical terminology
Must be able to work independently but also capable of collaboration and participation in teams
Must be highly customer service oriented
Qualifications/Work Experience Preferred
Strong desire to learn
Ability to work with multiple teams as well as Adequate interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate
Strong time management skills, ability to plan and manage prioritized tasks
Courses completed in biology, microbiology, chemistry, or biomedical engineering
Working knowledge of business applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Desirable but not required:
Knowledge of FDA, GMP, ISO, and other medical device regulatory requirements and standards
Knowledge of biocompatibility, cleaning, and sterilization techniques, microbiology concepts, standards, practices and procedures
Working knowledge of test method development
Education/Special Training Required
Pursuing a B.S. curriculum such as Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, or Biomedical Engineering
Who we want
Challengers. People who seek out the hard projects and work to find just the right solutions.
Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
Charismatic networkers. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally make connections with both internal partners and external contacts.
Strategic thinkers. Interns who propose innovative ideas and consistently exceed their performance objectives.
Customer-oriented achievers. Individuals with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
Game changers. Persistent interns who will stop at nothing to live out Stryker’s mission to make healthcare better.
What You Get Out of the Internship
Stryker, a global leader in medical technology takes great pride in their people, and that’s why we’re looking to expand our talent. As a result, we are looking for the best and brightest students to strengthen our team and drive our business going forward. Stryker Engineering interns will get to:
• Impact the development and manufacturing of cutting edge products
• Gain experience within a fast paced and growing industry
• Apply classroom knowledge in a fast-paced and growing industry setting
• Implement new ideas, be constantly challenged, and develop your skills
What You Need
• Currently working on completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field or equivalent; we will only consider students who plan be enrolled in a degree-seeking program after the summer
• Cumulative 3.0 GPA or above; must be the case at the date of hire and also will be verified during background check in the spring
• Must be permanent resident of the U.S. or U.S. citizen
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Ability to exercise independent judgment
• Proficient on basic computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Proven leadership and business acumen skills
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills
Work From Home: Not available
Travel Percentage: 0%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Complex Problem Solving