To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Southern View, IL 62703
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Recovery Support Specialist
Family Guidance Centers, Inc • Southern View, IL
Posted 21 days ago
Family Guidance Centers, Inc. (FGC), a not-for-profit behavioral healthcare organization, treats and prevents substance abuse, as well as an array of other related problems. Since 1969, FGC's comprehensive programming has educated and guided individuals toward their full potential as productive members within their own families and our society.
Family Guidance Centers Inc. offers opportunities for individuals with an interested in behavioral health. Our organization provides a comprehensive benefit package for full time employment that includes health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401k pension plan. Vacation, sick and personal days with 11 paid holidays off are included in our paid time off compensation package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage patients in treatment through motivational interviewing and motivational enhancement techniques.
- Develop individualized Recovery Plans with patients that emphasize relapse prevention strategies and use of natural supports in patient's community.
- Assist with monitoring patient engagement and communicate with the treatment team regarding patient attendance, participation and any barriers or needs to support treatment involvement.
- Conduct recovery coaching groups providing recovery and relapse prevention education and support.
- Conduct individual recovery support sessions to assist patients in following and strengthening ongoing relapse prevention plans.
- Provide education both in group and individual settings on the appropriate use of medication assisted treatment (e.g. methadone, Vivitol).
- Provide employment coaching in individual and group settings to assist patients in; identifying employment experiences and skills, identifying appropriate potential places of employment or appropriate job training services, developing patient employment resumes, completing employment applications, preparing for job interviews, and strategies for successful adjustment to new employment.
- Provide spiritual support groups that assist patients in identifying meaning in recovery and reasons for hope, strengthening a spiritual component to the recovery process that aligns with the patient's values and beliefs and that incorporates individual spirituality as well as spiritual support within the patient's community.
- Conduct intake assessments and document in the electronic record.
- As appropriate, collaborate with patients to engage family members or other significant support people in the recovery process including probation officers, DCFS workers, 12 step sponsors, other healthcare providers etc.
- Document services provided in the individual patient record in a timely fashion and in accordance with IL.DASA, Federal and FGC standards.
- Consult with care coordinators and the treatment team regarding patient needs for support related to housing, medical, dental, transportation, childcare, mental health or other needs.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information in accordance with HIPPAA and 42 CFR.
- Demonstrate professionalism in working with patients, staff and other outside professionals or collateral contacts.
- Assist in coordinating transitions for aftercare and discharge planning and conduct alumni/aftercare group session for patients who have completed treatment to assist in ongoing maintenance of sobriety.
- Supervision and Professional Development: Participate in supervision with assigned supervisor as well as appropriate continuing education activities related to care management and maintenance of relevant certification or licensure.
- Direct Service and Documentation: Minimum of 50% of worktime is to be spent in provision of billable service with timely documentation according to FGC and applicable state and federal guidelines.
Work Location: 120 North Eleventh St, Springfield IL 62703
Number of Openings: 1
Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Start Date : ASAP
Family Guidance Centers, Inc is a Drug Free Environment, an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education and Experience: Minimum bachelor's degree. Two years of experience working with substance use preferred.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations: IAODAPCA Certified Alcohol and Other Drugs Counselor (CADC) required. Specifically noted, a CADC is required at minimum within 2 years from date of hire. Additionally a Certified Recovery Support Services (CRSS) is preferred.Related Keywords: Recovery Support Specialist