Accounting professionals, take your career to the next level by moving into a supervisory role with some of the nation's top companies. Let Vaco serve as your advocate in presenting you to clients who are looking for Accounting Supervisors. Our recruiting staff gives you an advantage over your competition by promoting your strengths and assets directly to hiring managers while helping you to be more prepared for your interviews.
Our client in the retail industry has a need for an interim Accounting Manager to join their team for 2+ months.
As an Accounting Supervisor, you will apply your general ledger, month-end close and supervisory expertise to the oversight and management of a team. You will also provide clients with a full range of financial services.
Your areas of responsibility in this role will generally include:
- Managing month-end closing process
- Reviewing and preparing journal entries and reconciliations
- Reviewing and analyzing financial statements and variances
- Implementing policies and procedures
- Supervising staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Retail industry experience in accounting highly desired
- Large ERP software (Oracle, SAP, etc) required
- 3+ years of experience in a corporate accounting setting
- CPA strongly desired
As an Accounting Supervisor, you must be a highly organized and detail-oriented leader with a solid ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. You must also have sound judgment and strong reasoning skills as well as the ability to learn new processes and information quickly. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, and that you can function effectively as part of a team.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
• Minimum 3 of years accounting experience
• Supervisory experience
• Experience with the entire general ledger and month-end close process
• In-depth knowledge of GAAP and revenue recognition
• Familiarity with producing financial statements
• CPA designation, preferred
• Big 4 or Regional CPA firm experience, preferred
Customer Relationship Management
Resolve Customer Issue
Achieve Client Need