To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Durham, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VP of Strategy & Business Development
ExecuNet • Durham, NC
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Manages the Strategy and Business Development functions for our new milimeter wave business, focusing primarily on identifying, evaluating and pursuing business opportunities within and outside the Company. Identifies, investigates and evaluates acquisitions, licensing opportunities and strategic business alliances that are in line with the Company’s long-range goals. This position typically works under limited supervision. Incumbents in this position with regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the President and other officers of Company in developing strategy and business development objectives and plans for their achievement. Develops objectives, policies and programs for marketing and sales activities of the organization
- Identifies markets, determines the feasibility of business development, performs economic analyses on new or improved product opportunities, and coordinates with Engineering, Research and Production Departments in establishing and monitoring business development projects
- Exercises overall direction of preparation of programs for execution of business development and ensures program objectives and plan goals are achieved
- Conducts continuing assessment of business development performance, as compared with business development plans. Develops and disseminates information on a continuous basis to all pertinent parties concerning the fulfilling of project goals and objectives
- Identifies and evaluates technologies and organizational relationships that are beneficial to the business unit. Presents these opportunities to senior management and acts upon their recommendations
- Coordinates development of the strategic business plan and contract proposals
- Directs the research and analysis of business opportunities, assessing potential markets and developing projects for use in new marketing initiatives
- Plans, controls and directs Business Development to attain maximum sales volume and develop maximum potential volume from all markets for the organization’s products and/or services
- Recommends changes in marketing philosophy and policy when such changes serve the best interests of the organization
- Provides marketing advice and guidance to various operating units to ensure overall marketing effectiveness
- Identifies, investigates and evaluates acquisitions, licensing opportunities and strategic business alliances that are in line with the Company’s long-range goals. Participates in negotiating terms of agreements
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Four-year college degree, or equivalent, in business, finance, marketing or related field, plus a minimum of fifteen years related experience.
- MBA degree highly desirable.
- Business experience related to Company's products and markets preferred.
- Broad business experience evaluating markets and business opportunities.
- Prior experience managing professional associates in a complex environment requiring the integration of cross-functional responses.
- Advanced analytical skills necessary in order to organize, plan and execute contracts, agreements and strategic purchase orders.
- Advanced interpersonal skills in order to interact in extremely delicate, sensitive and/or complex situations dealing with U.S. and foreign agencies and commercial customers and suppliers.
- Ability to prioritize projects and work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to hold Top Secret clearence is required.