Are you looking for a challenging career that positively influences adolescent males and provides opportunity for growth and advancement? If yes, then Liberty Point wants you!
Liberty Point Behavioral Healthcare is a residential treatment facility that serves adolescent males with intellectual disabilities, psychiatric disorders, and behavioral problems. Our direct care workers provide guidance, direction, and supervision of our young men. As part of the Staunton, Virginia community for more than 14 years, Liberty Point has provided treatment, education, rehabilitation, recreation, and cultural exposure through community outings, while also providing a safe environment for our residents.
Our primary focus is on encouraging constructive change and personal growth, learning positive ways to get appropriate attention, improving behavior choices, developing a sense of responsibility for actions, learning problem-solving skills, and developing thinking patterns that support positive relationships.
Now hiring for PRN positions. Our shifts are:
Day Shift -- 6:00am – 2:00pm
Evening Shift – 2:00pm – 10:00pm
Night Shift – 10:00pm – 6:00am
Position Description: The RN provides age-specific nursing care to residents through the nursing process in accordance with Liberty Point policy and procedure & standards of nursing practice. The nurse maintains a safe, therapeutic environment, using the least restrictive measures necessary & upholds the rights and dignity of the children and their families at all times.
- Responsible for nursing care based on the nursing process and in compliance with facility policies and procedures
- Monitor, report, and document the residents' behavior and physiological state
- Administer medications and perform treatments/procedures in accordance with Liberty Point policy and procedure & standards of nursing practice
- Guide the response to residents who are behaviorally out of control or who may be experiencing a medical or behavioral crisis in collaboration with the nurse manager and physician
- Report accurately and concisely to oncoming shifts regarding conditions of residents.
Licensure Requirement: Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Virginia.
Other Requirements: Candidate must be at least 21 years of age
Candidate must be able to:
- Successfully complete and pass all components of Handle With Care & Verbal De-escalation Crisis Intervention Training
- Ability to perform CPR and First Aid**
- Ability to use and supervise Handle With Care (HWC)** techniques
- CPR, First Aid, and HWC certifications may be obtained during new employee orientation
- Reflect behavior, attitude, and appearance appropriate to the position and be supportive of the facility and division philosophy, goals, and objectives
Liberty Point offers great employee benefits, including but not limited to:
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Career Development Opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- A Challenging and Rewarding Work Environment
Liberty Point is a part of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) -- a Fortune 500 company with facilities in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Liberty Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Registered Nurse Certified