MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Prepare and perform proforma billing print outs to billing attorney. You will also be meeting with New York Real Estate several times a month to review client billing and collections.
This client participants in many industries, including chemicals, entertainment, financial services, health care, internet, sports, and transportation. You can expect to have complex work, fresh challenges and inspiring colleagues. Employees grow and evolve their careers, while some leave for equally exciting and demanding opportunities with Fortune 500 companies after putting in a number of years.
The responsibilities of this role include the following:
- Prepare and forward proforma billing print-outs to billing attorney
- Make edits to proformas per partner instructions including, but not limited to, time descriptions, transfers, write down/off of unbilled time/costs in conformity with firm policy.
- Reconciling and maintaining of client accounts and accrual schedules
- Review proformas and follow-up with attorneys to ensure that entries are posted to correct matters
- Editing and translating proformas into bills
A successful candidate should have the following skills/experience
- Proficiency in Elite Enterprise, 3E or ADERANT
- Proficiency in e-billing and troubleshooting/resolution of e-billing problems
- Ability to manage high volume portfolios with great attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and respond to requests in a timely fashion
- Flexibility for overtime, nights and weekends
The Billing Specialist role will receive the following:
- Flexibility to work from home
- 20 paid for leave vacation days
- 10 sick days
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Opportunity to work out of office upon arrangement
- Opportunity for growth
- Year-end bonus