Ensure associates adhere to hotel specifications and standards in operating the dishwashing machine to wash designated restaurant and kitchen wares, clean and maintain equipment and Dishwashing/Kitchen/Cafeteria/ Compactor and Storage areas. Assist in washing pots, pans and other kitchen utensils/equipment. Complete other special cleaning projects as assigned.REPORTS TO:
Executive Steward and/or Stewarding Supervisor, Assistant Executive Steward.SUPERVISES:
Dishwashing/Compactor/Dumpster areas, Kitchen lines and Pantries.
Job involves working:
- under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold).
- under variable noise levels.
- around fumes and/or odor hazards.
- around dust and/or mite hazards.
- around chemicals.
Internal: Staff in Stewarding, Kitchen, Cafeteria, Food and Beverage, Storeroom, Engineering and Housekeeping.
External: Dishwashing Machine Services associate, Chemical Supply Company representative.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest/associate complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items, according to OSHA regulations.
- Set up and organize workstation with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to supervisor. Replenish as needed throughout the shift.
- Check the working condition of dishwashing machine in accordance with specifications; rectify any deficiencies.
- Fill the dishwashing machine with specified amounts of designated chemicals. Ensure the temperature level of each cycle is set to standard.
- Organize the breakdown area for drop off of dirty wares.
- Remove excess food, debris and film from soiled wares before placing them in the dishwashing machine.
- Position wares in designated racks correctly and send through dishwashing machine only when full.
- Clean only designated wares in the dishwashing machine.
- Remove washed wares from dishwashing machine and allow to air dry.
- Inspect the cleanliness and condition of all washed wares and rewash wares not meeting standards.
- Sort, stack and store cleaned wares in designated areas.
- Handle all wares carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Change dishwashing machine water/filters and refill as specified to ensure all wares are properly cleaned.
- Monitor usage of dishwashing machine and chemicals to maximize consumption of water and chemicals.
- Maintain cleanliness and working condition of garbage disposal.
- Breakdown and clean dishwashing machine and work areas.
- Clean and sanitize pots, pans, utensils and other kitchen equipment.
- Stock Kitchen lines with designated cleaned wares, utensils and equipment.
- Clean spills in Kitchen and work areas immediately.
- Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean various floor surfaces (brooms, mops, stripper, buffer, etc.).
- Transport mats to the loading dock and clean.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; clean floors; remove items that do not belong and place in correct areas.
- Transport garbage containers from kitchen and work areas to dumpster; empty and clean containers. Adhere to recycling regulations.
- Clean garbage compactor and area as assigned.
- Report any damages, maintenance problems or safety hazards to the supervisor.
- Adhere to all Health Department, sanitation and safety regulations as required by the hotel.
- Organize and restock work areas for next shift.
- Clean refrigerators/freezers, service hallways, service elevators and other items as assigned.
- Work with chemical and machine repair associate to repair machine, improve quality or standards, increase productivity or capacity of machine.
- Complete job functions of other departmental positions as assigned.
- Assist in plating up Banquet meals.
- Assist in inventories as assigned.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.Requirements
- Knowledge of job-related English, both verbal and written.
- Ability to:
- perform duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy and follow-through.
- follow directions.
- adapt to meet priority changes of work-flow or requirements.
- operate designated machinery.
- satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers in a courteous, empathetic and discreet manner.
- maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- adhere to Peabody grooming standards.
- exemplify Peabody Service Excellence®.
- Previous experience as hotel/restaurant dishwasher or in janitorial/cleaning position.
- Familiarity with proper sanitation regulations.
- Certification in sanitation.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Exert physical effort in transporting carts 75-300 pounds to operating areas.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Reach 6 feet.
- Remain in stationary position for 15 minutes throughout work shift.
- Attention To Detail
- Catering Activity And Reception Organisation