To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairview, IL 61432
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
PAE • Fairview, IL
Posted 8 days ago
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldClerical Admin
THIS SCA POSITION PAYS $12.33/HOUR WITH AN ADDITIONAL $4.27 PROVIDED HEALTH AND WELFARE
- Part-time position - 24 hours per week.
- Will work in a professional environment with Assistant United States Attorneys (AUSAs) and legal support for the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Illinois. In this capacity, performs legal report development using the computerized case tracking and record-keeping system called LIONS, for opening and closing of both civil and criminal cases. This automated system is a management tool which provides information used to manage litigation from initial referral to final disposition, and to provide comprehensive data for resource planning and evaluation. The management reports generated from the LIONS system are critical tools used by the headquarters office for annual statistical reporting.
- Assists in trial preparation for the Civil Division by compiling, organizing, and indexing various evidentiary exhibits. Marks and identifies trial exhibits and drafts a list of exhibits to be offered at trial. Contractor will prepare narrative summaries, charts, tables, graphs, or other visual aids to be used at trial. Range of tasks includes, but is not limited to copying, mailing and closing files. The candidate will be asked to assist with other administrative tasks.
- Reviews a variety of both civil and criminal cases documents and files to become familiar with the pertinent material and establishes and maintains an effective system of compiling, indexing, and organizing this information and its sources. Assists Assistant U.S. Attorneys by filing correspondence in case files, preparing binders for cases and any other miscellaneous tasks. In criminal cases, produces copies of briefs and then binds them using a binding machine.
- Photocopies and/or scans in preparing discovery packages. Date stamps the discovery and copies any CD/DVDs that need to be provided to defense counsel
- Assists office legal assistants by purging files after case is completed.
- Shifts and rotates files so an organized filing system is maintained for the closed files. Each file is given a closed number which is logged into a central index and then box up files for shipment to the Record Center. Ships closed files to the Record Center
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a government security clearance to include an extensive background investigation.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and one year of related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and WordPerfect Office Suite.
- Ability to use, understand and maintain directories, personnel lists and other guides and references to provide a variety of information on the office and to refer questions to other offices.
- Skill in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner; operating a telephone and fax machine and copy machine; operating a computer terminal, personal computer, electronic typewriter, or dedicated word processor using a standard typewriter style keyboard with additional function keys to produce a wide range of documents.
- A qualified typist is required.
- Please provide three (3) professional references with resume submission.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.