Expeditionary Engineer & Doctrine Coordinator (ID#14692)
******Active Secret Clearance required***
Cherokee Nation Management & Consulting (CNMC) is a versatile small business that provides advisory & assistance services in research, experimental development, technology implementation, and program management. CNMC has expertise in a wide-range of technical disciplines including engineering, environmental, information and asset management, along with a variety of physical and life sciences. The company is an integral part of the Technology Division’s portfolio of companies. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNMC is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
Please visit URL blocked - click to apply for more information.
The United States Air Force (USAF) is committed to meeting the responsibilities entrusted to it with respect to organizing, training, and equipping personnel to execute its assigned global missions. One key aspect of this is the study, analysis, and preparation of expeditionary engineering doctrine providing the framework to global response to man-made and natural disasters. The Expeditionary Engineering and Doctrine Coordinator supports the Headquarters United States Air Force at the Pentagon, Washington DC in fulfilling this mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- The Contractor shall provide coordinate, consolidate, develop, and maintain Expeditionary Engineering and AF and Joint Doctrine governance and programmatic documents (e.g. AFIs, policies,), action plan recommendations, task and inquiry responses, and issue resolution action plans under AF/A4C program management oversight.
- Provide detailed updates to leadership and stakeholders by participating in meetings/forums and coordinating, consolidating, developing and delivering/presenting associated meeting materials (e.g. slides, after action reports, minutes).
- Develop and advocate for AF capability needs into all Expeditionary Engineering and Technology initiatives under AF/A4C program management oversight.
- Provide senior-level perspective and inputs into the development of Air Force and Joint Service doctrine, policy, and guidance to codify Civil Engineer capabilities, roles, and responsibilities in concert with other Services across the full spectrum of operations.
- Analyze proposed policies, doctrine, strategic plans and concepts of operation; provide recommendations to government representatives assessing the suitability of these documents to meet Air Force requirements.
- Review, update, prepare, and coordinate doctrine documents, directive publications (instructions and manuals), non-directive publications (handbooks, pamphlets, etc.) and joint publications.
- Provide technical analysis and support for development and maintenance of AF strategic goals, objectives, and sub-objectives.
- Participate in and support the Readiness Sub-table, Share Table, and associated subordinate panels and working groups in conjunction with government representatives.
- Review, update, prepare, and coordinate doctrine documents, directive publications (instructions and manuals), non-directive publications (handbooks, pamphlets, etc.), and joint publications for government approval.
- Assist with deliverables in the form of technical reports, white papers, briefings, point papers, bullet background papers, and/or other formats, as specified by the government representative, consistent with Air Force requirements and within the specified delivery dates.
- Review technical documents and prepare articulate and concise review comments for senior leadership endorsement.
- Assist in the development of staff packages that support the preceding tasks through the HAF electronic staffing system, to as high as the Secretary of the Air Force or Office of the Secretary of Defense.
- Assist in representing and coordinating Air Force Civil Engineer equities in federal, joint service, and cross functional HAF forums with other government reps.
- Interface with LeMay Center, MAJCOM, AFCEC, HAF staff, AFIMSC and Joint Staff counterparts to ensure synchronization of deliverables being provided to government representatives.
- Review, analysis, assessment, and update, of the Engineer Force Laydown (EFL) and other readiness products. Assist in assessing existing product and planned or projected changes to identify and propose revisions based on strategic constructs, operational plans, and global force management (GFM) requirements. Contractor shall assist in updating force posture, to include EFL, product as required.
- Review and analyze tasks and products from the Task Force Continuum and assist the Division in responding to the High Velocity Analysis of Air Force civil engineer laydown and requirements to effectively and successfully advocate for resources to support engineer readiness for peacetime and wartime contingencies.
- Review, analyze, and assist in recommending or creating Unit Type Codes (UTCs) that provide combat support capabilities guidance to effectively and successfully posture engineer forces readiness for peacetime and wartime contingencies.
- Review, analyze, and assist in recommending or creating training and exercise program requirements to support the engineer portfolio that enable response to peacetime and wartime contingencies.
No supervisory or management authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Emergency Management, Engineering, or a closely related discipline
- 20 years of professional Expeditionary Engineering experience is highly desired
- Experience with the Air Force Expeditionary Engineering programs is desired, as well as experience with Joint Military Engineering Operations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Air Force & Civil Engineering Readiness; Emergency Services; Expeditionary Engineering Support; and Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) defense operation -- across the full spectrum threat environment.
- Broad expertise in corporate processes, policies and programs, Global Force Management policies, guidance and strategies.
- DoD experience in project management, engineering management, or another related subject of comparable complexity and responsibility in support of Government programs (Air Force preferred).
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior level government and contractor personnel on an as needed basis
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Requires a Common Access Card (CAC) or the ability to obtain one through a federal investigation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses’ (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies – from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: URL blocked - click to apply | URL blocked - click to apply
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email “Email blocked - click to apply” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: URL blocked - click to apply
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “Email blocked - click to apply” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.
Product Quality Assurance
Material Requirements Planning