Electrical Engineer Position Description:
The Engineer II collects and prepares data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations. Engineer II’s perform basic engineering design for review and approval by senior department personnel. The Engineer II demonstrates technical/professional growth annually by maintaining active membership in professional organizations and participating in technical seminars/courses. Essential Functions:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Collects and prepares data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations.
- Assists in field work, checking installations, and problem solving activities.
- Serves as Project Lead for select single-discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Interacts with other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
- BSEE from an accredited school
- 1-4 years engineering design experience
- Industrial design experience in the chemical and petrochemical industries.
- Experience in power Systems design include: High and low voltage substations, MCC’s, AC and DC drives, Lightning protection, Grounding, Lighting and receptacles, Emergency lighting, Emergency power systems, Single Line Diagrams, Schematic Diagrams
- Knowledgeable of Electrical Codes and Standards: NEC Code, NFPA Code, API code and ANSI/IEEE Standards.
- Familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel.
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
Middough Inc. does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e. H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- The job will generally be performed at the Client’s production facility or industrial/construction job site and could last for extended periods of time
- May require occasional overnight travel to another client location/facility or the home office.
- Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- When working outside Middough’s office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Middough and/or Client, as required.
Middough Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of diversity and actively recruits minority, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.