Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Senior Manager, Last Mile Operations, you will provide support to home delivery services for multiple clients and field operations. You’ll also maintain positive and ongoing relationships with external customers, location managers and operators, while generating positive customer satisfaction. This role is critical in positioning XPO for long-term success. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Ensure compliance with specified contract metrics
- Maintain high standards for all operational activities
- Hire, train, develop and appraise staff effectively; develop a contractor base team
- Direct and guide front line management staff
- Manage contract drivers who are operating up to 7 days per week in multiple regional locations
- Build relationships with customers to ensure continuous operating improvements
- Oversee P&L
- Work with national sales team to facilitate new avenues of growth
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of operations experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint and Project)
It’d be great if you also have:
- Supervisory experience in a transportation/supply chain environment
- P&L experience
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills with experience effectively supervising, coaching and influencing employees
- Excellent analytical, communication and time management skills
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Manager, Last Mile Operations
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Satisfaction