JLL supports the Whole You, personally and professionally.
Our people at JLL are shaping the future of real estate for a better world by combining world class services, advisory and technology to our clients. We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry; and we support them through professional growth, flexibility, and personalized benefits to manage life in and outside of work. Whether you've got deep experience in commercial real estate, skilled trades, and technology, or you're looking to apply your relevant experience to a new industry, we empower you to shape a brighter way forward so you can thrive professionally and personally.
The Operating Engineer's technical responsibilities include the operations & maintenance and repair of building systems and equipment. Duties include all aspects of routine and emergency plant operations. This includes main switchgears, emergency generator operations, fire life safety systems and HVAC/Mechanical operations. This position will be an integral member of the team to manage the daily, routine and emergency operation of the building.
Job Title: Sr. Building Engineer (Sr. Operating Engineer)
Location: Washington, DC 20024
Reporting To: Chief Engineer
Type of Employment: Direct Hire/Perm/Full-time
Working Model: Onsite (no additional travel required)
Shift: 1st - 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM with 24/7 on-call availability for emergencies
Compensation Range: $32.00 to $38.00 an hour (based on experience)
Additional Perks: JLL provided uniform, tools, cell phone, & laptop
* Data Center experience is required.
* Inspects and analyzes equipment and diagnoses trouble or malfunctions and makes necessary adjustments to minimize service interruptions and equipment downtime
* Provides input to the planning of equipment system maintenance to minimize service interruptions and equipment downtime through preventative maintenance practices
* Executing a wide variety of maintenance and repair work in relation to the installation, maintenance, and repairs of chillers, HVAC equipment, and building equipment and infrastructure in general.
* May oversee the execution of daily operations and maintenance activities performed by JLL and/or contract personnel. May manage the daily work schedules and routines of subordinate mechanics, to include reviewing completed work orders for detail and accuracy as well as setting up a quality assurance and inspection program.
* Provide guidance and mentoring, as needed, to ensure personnel perform the tasks required in a complete and accurate manner and delivered with outstanding customer service.
* Performs a wide variety of complex operating procedures to ensure the proper operation of the emergency generator operation and others.
* Conducts scheduled tours of the chiller plant to include cooling towers, emergency generator rooms; main switchgear rooms and air handling machine rooms.
* Completes tours and watches according to predetermined schedules and reports status.
* During after hour's shifts, responds to all emergencies and takes appropriate action to identify problems and take corrective actions without compromising watch duties. Calls on duty mechanics for assistance and or utilizes emergency call list when necessary.
* Will work with shift maintenance mechanics performing minor PM and repairs to central plant HVAC systems.
* Will maintain all engineering/electrical spaces in a clean and neat manner at all times.
* Will be responsible for maintaining water treatment programs.
* Review executed work orders, logs, forms, and related documentation on a daily basis to help ensure they are complete, current, and reflect the tasks as performed, and are appropriately filed in the CMMS, or other required system.
* Ensure all safety, environmental, and site standards are strictly adhered to within the facility by both JLL and any JLL vendors performing work. Ensures compliance with OSHA regulations, all applicable building codes and JLL policies and procedures.
* Provides "on-call" support for after-hours issues that may arise within the facility
* High School Diploma or GED
* 5+ years of field experience in facilities/building preventative maintenance and repair OR relevant hands-on education/training in preventative maintenance and repairs to cooling towers, emergency generator rooms, main switchgear rooms, and air handling machine rooms, chillers, HVAC equipment, building equipment, and infrastructure in general.
* Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license
* Must have exceptional customer service or client interfacing experience
* Must be able to work day shift: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
* Must be available 24/7 for on-call for emergencies
* Must live within an hour commute radius of Alexandria, VA or relocate at own expense
Please submit your application with an updated resume, location, and contact information.
On-site Alexandria, VA, Washington, DC
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet all the requirements. We're interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
Personalized benefits that support personal well-being and growth:
JLL recognizes the impact that the workplace can have on your wellness, so we offer a supportive culture and comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes mental, physical and emotional health. Some of these benefits, include:
* 401(k) plan with matching company contributions
* Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Care
* Paid parental leave at 100% of salary
* Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
* Flexible and Remote Work Arrangements may be available
We're JLLa leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 102,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That's why we're committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We're using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people, and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we're honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued, and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we're headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation, and succeed together.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For candidates in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you'll be asked to provide proof that you're fully vaccinated upon your start date. You're considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process including the online application and/or overall selection process you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service
- Data Centers
- Infrastructure Management