PDS Tech is seeking an experienced MP&P Engineer 4 in Manassas, VA.
*Option for remote but needs to start onsite 1 week per month*
- Defines requirements for materials parts and processes used in the manufacture of products.
- Leads production of specifications and other documents to manage the deployment of materials parts and processes.
- Maintains compliance with contractual and regulatory obligations.
- Promotes standardization across business activities.
- Evaluates emerging technologies for potential application to business needs.
- Leads development and qualification of new materials parts and processes to meet requirements.
- Integrates new technologies as appropriate.
- Manages test and audit programs to qualify suppliers to applicable requirements.
- Conducts complex analysis to determine reasons for failures of materials parts or processes.
- Implements corrective and preventive actions.
- Leads design development and qualification of sophisticated computer and production systems to satisfy user requirements.
- Works under minimal supervision.
*Option for remote but needs to start onsite 1 week per month* Highly Desirable Qualifications:
- Supports ongoing prototype and production programs to find solutions regarding composite materials and processes used to manufacture primary and secondary airframe structures.
- Creates materials and process specifications as needed to ensure manufacturing can produce the structures which meet performance requirements defined by the aircraft program.
- Participates in selection of materials and processes for new aircraft programs by leveraging lessons learned and databases from existing programs.
- Coordinates with Design, Stress, Manufacturing, Procurement, Quality and other departments as required to support materials and processes from conception to production on aerospace programs.
- Reviews designs for the manufacture, repair and assembly of composite components from materials, processes and testing perspective.
- Selects test methods, performs tests using load frame, environmental chamber, controller and associated test fixtures.
- Coordinates with other test engineers to support tests at all levels of the building block.
- Creates tests plans and test reports to determine materials, joints and component properties.
- Collaborates with Stress and Design groups to determine material and joint allowables including test selection, performing tests and data reduction.
- Generates allowables, design values, materials specification limits and equivalency assessments using CMH-17 and other in-house methods.
- Acts as a liaison with production manufacturing and testing facilities when needed.
Minimum Requirements (education and experience):
- Experience with materials and processes development for structural parts and assemblies utilizing composite and metal materials.
- Experience in testing of composite coupons, elements, joints, sub-components and/or components.
- Experience generating allowables, specification acceptance limits and equivalency assessments using CMH-17 methods.
- Experience with manufacturing composite parts and assemblies including manufacturing processes, quality buyoff and manufacturing work orders/documentation.
- Experience with these programs is also desirable: CMH-17STATS, Minitab, MTS Multipurpose TestWare, CAD programs such as CATIA V5 (Composite Part Design) and/or FiberSIM.
- Preference given to individuals with aircraft/aerospace experience, specifically experience in materials and processes, manufacturing of composite structures, SAP or other MRP systems
- BS degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
- Min of 10 years work experience in the aerospace industry or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project
- Must be a US Citizen or Legal US Permanent Resident Alien
- Experience working with a CAD system such as CATIA, NX, Solidworks.
- Ability to maneuver around equipment in test labs and on aircraft and work in a manufacturing facility supporting all elements of composite and metal manufacturing.
- Travel may be required.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Materials Parts & Processes Engineer 4 $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aerospace Industries
- Assembly And Installation
- Business Requirements