DSA is searching for an experienced Technical Project Manager who will have responsibility for overseeing software application operations and maintenance (O&M) and implementation of system modernization projects for our client. This position will support the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration located in College park, MD. The position will require up to 20% of the managers time to be in the client location. If you have a proven track record of progressive management experience in IT software product and solution delivery, and strong leadership abilities, we want to talk with you today!
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 10 years of IT software integration, implementation, and modernization management experience delivering successful solutions across a wide range of IT requirements including cloud hosting, application development, information assurance, IT Service Management, and quality assurance. The individual shall have experience delivering solution using CMMI L3 processes and ISO 9001 quality assurance methods.
The individual will ensure project deliverables, performance and quality standards are being met. The Project Manager will be responsible for project management and quality assurance for the design and development of enhancements to new IT solution integration, development, and ongoing operation and maintenance services. Responsibilities include understanding software development life cycle processes and managing software development team Scrum processes, providing program quality assurance, and change management processes, procedures and requirements as well as identifying new opportunities to expand our services. Will lead efforts working with the customer and subcontractors to modernize current applications to support next generation of utilization and service.
• Lead the planning and execution of key IT and business transformational solutions
• Work closely with Client Business and IT Management and Information Technology counterparts to create and deliver cutting edge products and solutions
• Focus on defining the project scope, associated deliverables, and assumptions
• Oversee the planning to drive all internal and external resources and activities required to ensure the successful execution of both the development of new IT business management products and IT solution
• Manages 3rd party vendor activities to ensure they meet project requirements
• Schedules, leads and documents project team meetings on a regular basis to facilitate effective team communication
• Establishes, monitors, reports and recommends appropriate actions for project budgets related to personnel, financial and other company resources to ensure they are effectively utilized to achieve the goals of the project
• Identifies and manages the critical path for project completion
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirement
• 10 or more years of progressively complex project management experience
• Project and task management experience successfully delivering projects on-time, within budget, and in scope
• PMP certification
• 8+ years of progressive hands-on experience facilitating project teams on complex software development
• Agile Software Development Life Cycle management
• Experience managing teams of up to 10 + software developers, testers, and support personnel
• Management experience with firm fixed price contracts for software development services valued at a TCV of $20M or more
• Management experience with systems in AWS cloud.
• Management experience with systems that use advanced search tools (i.e., Solr or ElasticSearch).
• Management experience with systems in both O&M and development.
• Experience working with MS Project to create work breakdown structures, burn down charts, and other software project related reports.
• Implementation and Management of Service Level Agreements for software operations and support
• Experience with risk log development, management, and mitigation.
• Managing small teams of resources and providing the necessary management, leadership, and mentoring to the staff as needed
• Building and maintaining strong customer relationships
• Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to lead teams and system support
• Ability to pass a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI)
• U.S. Citizenship Required
• Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification
• Amazon Web Services certificate
• Hands-on experience being an Agile Scrum Professional and solid understanding of agile methodologies
• Contract management experience at project level including subcontractor management
• Implementation projects in a web-based environment experience
• Experience using JIRA or similar sprint planning tools
• Experience facilitating, organizing, and developing sprint backlogs and release plans
• Experience collecting and developing customer application business and technical requirements
• Experience supporting applications testing, change management, and
• Experience managing hardware and software asset management and license renewals.
• Working knowledge of managing system availability and capacity planning
• Working knowledge of system security plans, and security ATO processes
• Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills
• Ability to build strong relationships and endorsement within customers.
• Ability to work across organizations and businesses (i.e. executive management, marketing, sales, operations, finance, etc.).
• Ability to work independently
• Minimum working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and subcontractor management.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and energy.
• Intelligent risk taker
20% Travel to College Park MD.MUST HAVE ABILITY TO GET A PUBLIC TRUST; this will be verified prior to interview. Therefore, only US Citizens can be considered for this position.
Founded in 1963, Data Systems Analysts, Inc. (DSA) has been providing Defense and Federal Government customers' business-driven Information Technology and consulting solutions and services for more than 50 years. DSA's people excel in helping our customers achieve sensitive, mission-critical business goals and objectives. DSA is a 100 percent employee-owned company: every employee has a stake in the success of our company and our customers.Our culture embraces training and development opportunities that include leadership programs, employee networks, continued education, and much more. We recognize that building expertise in your profession benefits everyone, and our leadership training programs help employees better manage their projects, inspire coworkers and customers to action, and reinforce URL blocked - click to apply
We also value the unique combination of skills, abilities, aspirations, and backgrounds of every individual — our diversity makes us stronger. We are 100 percent employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).DSA employees receive customizable benefits that are highly competitive in each local market that include a Vanguard 401K. DSA provides equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status; race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.
DSA will provide necessary reasonable accommodation to ensure that an individual with a disability who is not able to fully utilize DSA's online job application system is provided with equal opportunity to apply and be considered for all jobs. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email URL blocked - click to apply
or call 1-877-422-4372URL blocked - click to apply
Project Life Cycle
Measure Project Progress
Costs For Projects