VP/Director of FinanceCompensation:
$120000.00 to $130000.00 yearly
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is looking for an outstanding Financial Analyst to join a fast-growing company. In this position, you will conduct financial modeling on various financial products as well as measure, analyze and forecast performance in conjunction with operating plans. Additional duties include be responsible for advising management on the allocation of resources to best accomplish objectives and preparing reports for management. You will be a part of a dynamic team being a key business partner in areas such as forecasting, performance reporting, and expense management.
Role & Responsibilities
We are seeking a Financial Analyst who can support world class strategic and financial planning methods, build long-range operating plans to support business imperatives, develop rolling forecast processes to ensure resources each and every quarter are consumed at maximum effectiveness. You will also help with operationalizing and cultivating a more data-driven planning process and improved monthly and quarterly reporting. In this role, you will be directly involved in the coordination of the various planning cycles (annual planning, quarterly forecasts and monthly outlooks), and be the finance point person working a cross-functional team (Sales leadership, Business Operations, and Sales Operations) while providing strategic analyses and recommendations. You will provide variance analysis of bookings, revenues and expenses, clearly explaining the business reasons for variances and adjusting the outlook models to reflect operational adjustments.
• Seeking a highly flexible individual comfortable with large amounts of information, and adept at managing expectations
• Supporting weekly, quarterly and annual Area/Segment level Bookings and P&L forecasting
• Analyzing performance to date and assessing potential risks and opportunities
• Understanding and explaining internal and external drivers impacting performance and trending
• Learning and applying econometric and statistical methods to forecasting
• Enabling effective Business Intelligence (BI) to provide forward-looking insight and decision support
• Provide analytical support during New Year readiness/Year End planning cycle
• Drive the strategy and business planning process
• Become embedded within the Marketing and Customer Success organizations. Establish trust and quickly understand the key drivers of the business, economic trends and core metrics
• Work with senior executives on strategic deep dives by developing financial models and insights on topics such as: Retention forecasts, Campaign Planning & Tracking, return on investment of strategic investments, event tracking and execution, strategic resource allocation and prioritization
• Work closely with cross functional partners in Accounting, Recruiting, People and Operations to execute against plans
• Track monthly and quarterly performance through comparison of actuals versus expectations and enable business partners to handle their resources in the best way possible
• Drive monthly reporting to business partners on financial results and actions required
• Work with Accounting on the monthly and quarterly financial close process
• BA/BS degree from a top-tier university with strong academic performance
• 2-5 years of experience in a highly quantitative role
• Experience in problem solving through statistical analysis or with large data sets highly preferable (such as in derivatives, structured finance, or business analytics or in a similarly demanding and analytical role)
• Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills
• Ability to simplify complex problems and build solutions
• Strong Microsoft Excel and computer skills (prior experience programming a big plus)
• Able to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
• High Degree of proficiency in Excel
• Financial planning & analysis (go-to-market experience preferable) or experience at a top investment bank also desirable
• Strong interest in data analysis, econometric modelling and statistical analysis
• Experience in Oracle/Hyperion/SAP Business Objects/SFDC/Tableau
If interested please submit your resume to [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at [ Phone number blocked ] - || for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Analysis Of Variance