To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rapid City, SD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
FOOD SERVICE WORKER - COOK
Geo Reentry Services, LLC. • Rapid City, SD
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Facility: BLACK HILLS
Compensation Base: $12.33
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Under direct supervision, this non-security related position performs a variety of tasks associated with the preparation and serving of foods and beverages, including but not limited to preparing salads, sauces, desserts, coffee, and tea. Responsible for standard food service work including sanitation duties, and various serving responsibilities.
This is a full time role, 40 hours per week. Overtime may be requested.
The shift is 10 AM to 6 PM
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- May be required to perform any of the following food/beverage preparatory work: washing, peeling, scraping and cutting vegetables and fruits; preparing simple salads and slicing cakes and pies; making coffee, tea, and other beverages.
- May be required to dish out portions of food on trays or plates, and pours beverages.
- May be required to perform any of the following cleaning work: scraping, washing, and sorting dishes, glassware and silverware; cleaning kitchen equipment, pots and pans, counters, and tables; sweeping and mopping the floor.
- Assists management in simple inventory counts and similar information needed for the placement of food and supply orders. Receives deliveries and takes inventory.
- Responsible for the preparation of various documentation required in the food service operation including preparation and inventory pull sheets, production/service documentation, sanitation records, and meal delivery records.
- Assists management in conducting orientation and training for staff and detainee workers.
- Monitors and directs detainee workers in tray preparation, cleanup, sanitation and other related duties to the operation of the food service area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- One (1) year food production experience in commercial, military, or institutional setting is preferred. Experience in the field of corrections/detainee management and prior correctional food service training is preferred.
- ServSafe certification is highly preferred.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in order to maintain records, files and prepare simple reports required.