At ADT Commercial, we are in the business of helping people and organizations to protect what matters most to them. Building upon ADT's 145-year legacy, we secure the livelihoods and futures of critical commercial environments, retail location, educational campuses, healthcare facilities and financial institutions across the U.S. as an industry-leading security, fire and life safety systems integrator. We strive to have the most experienced and technically trained and talented teams in the industry, driven by excellence at every turn. At ADT Commercial, we truly believe that our people are the difference – for our organization, the customers we serve and the communities we protect. When you're a part of ADT Commercial, you'll have the opportunity to be a part of that difference every day. With more than 300 locations, a deep national presence, and comprehensive portfolio of solutions and services, our employees are always poised for career advancement and growth. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Alarm Install Technician or follow us on [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Alarm Install Technician and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Alarm Install Technician.
The standard function of the position is to install commercial alarm, fire, CCTV, and Card Access systems. Works with minimal supervision and may provide training and assistance to less senior installers and trainees.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Installs commercial alarm, fire, CCTV, and Card Access systems.
- Must have an ability to proctor, coach, and teach others.
- Provides reliable, high quality customer support.
- Performs customer instruction on system operation and functionality.
- Performs system testing and signal verification.
- Maintains the necessary truck stock/inventory (equipment and tools).
- Performs new system installations, upgrades, and additions.
- Organizes and utilizes technical resources, information, material, and support to ensure efficient execution of assigned tasks.
- Monitors and ensures the progress and completion of assigned tasks.
- Completes and submits all required task-related activities, productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must complete other projects, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Skills & Experience):
- Minimum of High School Diploma/Vocational Training.
- Must have three or more years of experience.
- Must have mastery knowledge of commercial intrusion systems, fire systems, CCTV, intercom, and access control systems.
- Must have a working knowledge to full understanding of local/national codes.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to clear a drug screening.
- Must obtain and retain any specific product certifications and/or licenses that are required by national, state and local codes.
- Requires 50 % to 75 % proficiency in ADT Commercial's Tier 1 product offerings.
- Exposure to outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and harsh work environments.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; reach with hands and arms; push; pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Use vision abilities including: close, distance, peripheral, depth, and color.
- Work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions/circumstances such as with ladders, scaffolding, high lift equipment, wires, ducts, crawl spaces, attics, above ceilings, etc.
- Lift, move, and hold up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work a full-time, flexible schedule with “on call availability” and must be able to travel on short notice.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle (day and evenings) for extended time periods.
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.
- Access Controls
- Attention To Detail
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Construction Plant Operation
- Customer Service
- Hardworking And Dedicated