To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Milford, MI 48381
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Controls Engineer Electrification SURUS AV
General Motors • Milford, MI
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
General Motors' Electrification Controls is seeking a highlyenergetic embedded controls developer for the Autonomous Vehicle / Fuel CellPropulsion product line. If you are interested in making a difference incutting edge technologies, consider working with us!
Controls Development Engineer, responsible for design anddevelopment of embedded controls, automotive ethernet communications, CANcommunications and development with LCM libraries. This in support of the AutonomousVehicle / Fuel Cell Propulsion product line.
Responsible for designing major algorithm projects including: implementationof requirements, development, execution and verification of controls algorithms.A substantial amount of creativity and initiative are involved as well as ahigh level of independent judgment. Capable of managing very broad or numerousprojects with high degree of difficulty. Exercises independent judgment, withinput from a System Technical Specialist.
- Execute embedded controls design enhancements to support current and new product /customer requirements for features, functions, and diagnostics
- Execute communications message packing, unpacking and parsing, over Controller Area Networks, Automotive ethernet and Serial Peripheral Interfaces
- Execute controls using LCM (Lightweight Communications and Marshalling) libraries, and C in a Linux environment
- Able to develop code in Linux and Windows environments
- Demonstrate continuous improvement of subsystem features and functions support, identification and resolution of issues as raised by product teams
- Proactively identify warranty and performance improvement opportunities
- Functional knowledge of subsystem and its performance requirements
- Interpretation of applicable algorithm subsystem requirements
- Provide controls and algorithm design direction, as well as resolution of controls and software design issues. Be a Technical gatekeeper for software design and implementations
- Interface with other technical resources such as GM R&D, and external design partners
- Understand new product technology to contribute to definition of optimum software architecture
- Assist with coordination and negotiation of software interfaces
- Process enforcement: design steps and deliverables meet standards and Promote & improve process, standards adherence
- Lead and support peer reviews of controls subsystem algorithm and software implementations (Participate, Present, etc.)
- Be able to take ownership and operate under agile software development principles
- Inquisitive and constantly learning. Willing to learn new technologies
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Required BS in: Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Controls Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering,
- 5 years embedded controls experience
- Proficient with C/C , Eclipse, git Linux and Windows OS
- Knowledge of CAN and automotive Ethernet communications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with incomplete or ambiguous requirements
- Demonstrates innovative and strategic thinking and initiative to take action in front of challenges
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity and trust
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able and willing to travel
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Preferred MS Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Preferred experience in LCM, ETAS, Vector Tools and C/C Software