The Alaka’ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) has a need for a part-time Computer Programmer to support the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Center for Immunizations and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD) with its Immunizations Information Systems Support Branch (IISSB) out of Atlanta, GA.
- Collect awardee data from the IIS: Perform quality analysis on incoming data submission; Work with awardees to finalize data submission; Coordinate providing secure FTP site for data submission using CDC assets; Work with awardee and branch to make sure appropriate data use agreement (DUA) is in place.
- Ensure secure data storage and data disposal using CDC assets.
- Process awardee data from the IIS.
- Produce a dataset that can be used for analytics that includes: Separating out combination vaccines; Fully implementing CDSi; De-duplication of patient and vaccine records; Creation of flags and other variables as requested.
- Interface with CDC’s office of informatics to ensure the generation of a dataset that can be used for analytics.
- Analyze data from IIS and other data sources to perform the following tasks: facilitate data set requests; work with analysts and the branch to make sure analysts have the proper data user agreement in place; analyze awardee data for various programmatic purposes; develop SAS code to analyze IIS-related studies and trends in vaccination coverage and immunization; research IIS data analysis best practices; propose new and novel methodologies for complex IIS data analysis and reporting such as statistical weighting of vaccination coverage to adjust for non-participation, mobility, etc.; maintain and update the IIS analytic guide; provide text/verbal descriptions of IIS-related studies to the Contractor from which the Contractor shall create table shells based on the study description; provide documentation that includes a detailed description of methodology and results for each ad hoc analysis; provide in relation to coding for all Ad Hoc Analyses which includes fully tested code written in SAS, SAS VA for ad hoc analyses.
- Support the maintenance of awardee documentation: Tracking and implementing Data Use Agreements (DUAs); and Communicate with ISD award recipients regarding the data requests and questions related to IISSB projects.
- Support for the IIS Dashboard: document IIS Dashboard methodology; coordinate cleared documents to send to awardees on dashboard methodology; coordinate collected data from various sources; construct and upload data into the IIS Dashboard; maintain user access for the IIS Dashboard; maintain IT products and all required documentation from the CDC Office of Information Technology; develop new IIS Dashboard reports based on branch needs.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency in statistics/epidemiology, and computer programming, such as SAS (and related products, including SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Office Analytics) programming, including substantial experience in the use of SAS macros, arrays, ODS, and transferring data from/to Microsoft EXCEL to/from SAS.
- Proficiency in creating standardized reports or dashboards from SAS datasets, including outputting Microsoft WORD and PowerPoint documents containing graphs and charts.
- Proficient knowledge and experience in the fields of immunization information systems and immunization services.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5-8 years’ related experience in computer programming is preferred.
- CDC and/or public health experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
CITIZENSHIP AND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to obtain a favorable National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries. Eligible employees enjoy a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. The Alaka`ina Foundation FOCs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Computer Programmer to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Computer Programmer
- Computer Programming
- Data Analysis
- Information Systems
- Information Technology