To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reno, NV
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Driver - Customer Service Technician - 162805
Preferred Homecare - LifeCare Solutions • Reno, NV
Posted 1 month ago
Healthcare - Health Services
The Customer Service Technician compiles ordered pharmaceuticals, supplies, HME and oxygen and makes accurate and timely deliveries of all items to patients’ homes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- May complete appropriate home safety evaluation and patient/caregiver education related to ordered equipment and supplies.
- Performs equipment set-up, orientation, and demonstration of the safe operation and use of HME.
- Assists in general warehouse duties, such as, but not limited to stocking, rotating inventory, receiving, shipping, and processing equipment and supplies.
- Accurately picks and/or compiles ordered supplies, medications, and equipment and obtains supervisor’s crosscheck before leaving the Center.
- Obtains all related documentation, patient education materials and other required paperwork for the delivery prior to leaving the Center.
- Organizes delivery routes to maximize cost-effective and timely deliveries to meet the therapy and patient schedules.
- Calls patients/caregivers to schedule deliveries prior to leaving the Center.
- Informs patients/caregivers if the agreed upon timeframe cannot be met.
- Obtain return demonstration from the patient/caregiver to assure adequate and safe knowledge of the ordered equipment.
- Returns all required documentation for each delivery at the end of each day with a completed route sheet.
- Picks up discontinued equipment and places in the “dirty area” of the vehicle after bagging and tagging the equipment dirty.
- Maintains delivery vehicle in accordance to the Fleet Management Safety Program and company policies and procedures.
- Assists with warehouse duties such as, maintaining inventories, shipping, receiving, placing orders, cleaning equipment, and facility maintenance.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED equivalency preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record. Must be 21 years of age or older. Have a working knowledge of the delivery service area and route planning. Previous delivery and/or warehouse experience preferred. Familiar with safe handling and transport of compressed medical gas. Must possess strong organizational and time management skills. Must be available to work flexible hours and rotate on-call responsibilities. Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
Computer/Technologic Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing Software and ability to use mobile devices such as a smart phone.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, sit, stand, walk, squat, bend and kneel; use hands and fingers to handle and feel. Requires frequent manual dexterity and mobility. Requires constant ability to hear adequately to decipher spoken words, sounds, alarms, etc. Requires near visual and distance acuity of at least 20/40 or better and ability to distinguish and identify different colors.
Job ID: 162805
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.