Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. UnitedHealth Group internship opportunities will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You’ll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It’s the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
Change is sweeping through health care. And keeping up with change is only half the battle. At UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses, we've got what it takes to lead the charge and bring about the future of health care. As a Mergers & Acquisitions Intern, you'll work with an extremely active team who evaluates upwards of 100 target companies every year. It's an opportunity to develop global health care industry expertise across our lines of business UnitedHealthcare and Optum, as well as UnitedHealth Group as a whole. Get you ready to meet challenges head on by joining us today.
There's no question that this is a fast-paced and rigorous environment. You'll need every bit of your analytical skill to be at the forefront of projects that have the potential to change the health care industry. Your professionalism and communication skills will also be put to the test as you gain extensive exposure to key individuals across multiple lines of business throughout our organization and also to senior management of companies targeted for acquisition.
If you are located in Moline IL, you will have the flexibility to work remotely*, as well as work in the office as you take on some tough challenges. If you are located outside of Moline IL, you will enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S.
- Support the acquisition of companies across the entire organization, including Optum and UnitedHealthcare, with valuations ranging from $1 million to $15 billion
- Complete financial and valuation analyses that support the purchase price we ultimately pay for an acquisition target, as well as coordinate and execute the overall M&A process
- Receive access to the senior most individuals within the organization and have an opportunity to build relationships with and learn from these key decision maker
- Coordinate and execute various special projects with executive and business senior leadership, primarily related to the evaluation of potential growth opportunities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field from an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship (internships are not intended for graduating seniors)
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, 3.75 or above preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
Internships at Optum. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, is a leading health services and innovation company dedicated to helping make the health system work better for everyone. With more than 94,000 people collaborating worldwide, Optum combines people, technology, data and action to improve the delivery, quality and efficiency of health care. Our internship opportunities provide a view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. Here, you’ll work with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada or New York City Residents Only:The hourly range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $17.07. The hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada/NYC residents is $16.00 to $19.18. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.