Requisition #:SYSTE003474 Job Title:System Admin Linux Location: Fort Belvoir, VA 22060 /Remote Clearance Level:Active DoD -Secret Required Certification(s): * IAT Level II Required Degree Preferred One of the following is preferred: - Certified Linux System Administrator (LFCS) - Linux Certified Professional (LCP) - Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) - CompTIA Linux+ **Selected applicantsmay be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. ** SUMMARY
Program Executive Office Enterprise Information Systems (PEO EIS) works to modernize and manage the Army’s network and enterprise business systems through the support of Army and Department of Defense (DOD) communications, logistics, medical, finance, personnel, training, and procurement systems. The focus of this project is for support services of the Army Identity Credential and Access Management (ICAM) systems, helping to ensure that the right people have the correct access to tools and systems to succeed in the mission. DUTIES
* Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
* Configure / add new services as necessary.
* Administer and maintain policies and procedures to ensure the security and integrity of all servers.
* Maintenance of configuration documentation and system procedures.
* Ensure proper security, patching, monitoring, alerting, and reporting for the infrastructure.
* Ensure the integrity and availability of our hardware, and server resources, review system and application logs, and verify completion of scheduled jobs/ticket tracking.
* Work with the security team to diagnose and recover from hardware or software failures.
* Working with other system administrators and security personnel to coordinate and communicate with our internal customers.
* Gather and maintain system requirements, documents, and improvements.
* Document processes and procedures and follow a formal change management procedure.
* Where required complete system administration tasks including with Linux operating systems, web servers, and other middleware.
* Review, propose and implement process improvements for our network.
* Maintain and support systems to ensure compliance with security standards Qualifications Education and Certifications
* IAT Level II Required Degree Preferred One of the following is preferred: - Certified Linux System Administrator (LFCS) - Linux Certified Professional (LCP) - Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) - CompTIA Linux+ Background Needed and Years of Experience
* 5+ yrs or AA w/ 7+ yrs of related systems administration experience Additional Skills & Qualifications Must-Have Technical Skills
* Advanced expertise in Linux operating systems.
* Experience with maintaining HW/SW lists; as well as SW to Asset association lists.
* Experience applying DISA STIGS.
* Experience applying OS Patches.
* Have a detailed understanding of the configuration, management, and use of security information and event management (SIEM) software, including properly reacting to SIEM events.
* Manage the system vulnerability identification and resolution process in order to support the network accreditation process.
* Advanced trouble shooting skills. Non-Technical Skills
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent with high levels of attention to detail and taking pride in outstanding work.
* High degree of initiative and maintain discretion with sensitive and/or confidential information.
* Strong self-starter attitude, team oriented and good communication skills are a must.
* Willingness to commit to maintaining the highest standard of customer service with outstanding written and oral communication.
* Excellent writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
* An effective communicator and collaborator.
* Ability to communicate effectively with team on assigned tasks, expectations, and schedules.
* Sharp attention to detail Organized; time management skills to forecast and stay ahead of deliverables/reporting requirements.
* Must be well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to coordinate, prioritize multiple tasks, and be adaptable to change to accomplish assignments.
* Excellent Customer Focus/Satisfaction skills.
* Strong/Natural understanding of and ability to demonstrate the Agile Defense Core Values: Happy, Helpful, Honest, Humble, Hungry, Hustle. Working Conditions Working Conditions
* Government site with 0%-10% travel possible.
* Possible off-hours work to support releases and outages.
* General office environment.
* Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walk for up to 10% of the time.
* The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
* Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Strength Demands * Sedentary – 10 lbs. Maximum lifting, occasional lift/ carry of small articles.
* Some occasional walking or standing may be required.
* Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met. Physical Requirements * Stand or Sit
* Repetitive Motion
* Use Hands / Fingers to Handle or Feel
* Talk or Hear
* See COVID-19 Vaccinations Requirements
As a federal contractor, Agile Defense is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer/facility vaccination requirements. As such, to protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, Agile Defense may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements. About Us! Agile Defense is an Information Technology Solutions provider committed to partnering with our customers to deliver the highest level of service to our customers. We provided Information Technology (IT) services to the U.S. Government, including several United States Civil agencies and various branches within the U.S. Department of Defense. Agile Defense has established a solid reputation of partnering with our customers to deliver innovative IT solutions with our “Listen. Think. Innovate.” philosophy. At Agile Defense, we know that our employees are our most important asset. We believe in our responsibility to our fellow employees, customers, company, and to our country. We promote teamwork, integrity, and creativity; we expect our fellow employees to also live these values. Agile Defense, Inc. does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
- Agile Methodology
- Attention To Detail
- Business Informatics