Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Perform full range of duties in the receipt, stow and issue of material. Ensure items being stowed meet requirements of MIL-STD 129N.
- Identify, examine, classify, accept, reject, and dispose of material as per DLA regulations.
- Examinations may be visual or require measuring devices and techniques under supervision of senior staff or management.
- Load material on and off skids, pallets, and stands.
- Operate tools and equipment in performance of duties.
- Receive data from and input data to DSS and other automated supply systems in performance of duties.
- Operate Material Handling Equipment (MHE) as assigned and hold appropriate license.
- Count, weigh, record data, apply tags and labels.
- Use basic processes of inspection/examination procedures for material.
- Read specifications, drawings, prints, schematics and photographs.
- Prepare reports relating to distribution functions.
- Make preventive maintenance adjustments to related equipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory duties associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3 years specific experience in material handling, supply, distribution, inspection, or related areas.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in the use of Distribution Standard System (DSS) and other automated distribution systems used at site.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite products including, Word, Excel, Access and Outlook software.
- Demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
- Ability to acquire license to use Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
Position requires U.S. Citizenship, a US Government background check and may require a US Government SECRET Clearance.
If SECRET Clearance Level is required, candidate must also:
- Have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation.
- Be able to maintain a US Government SECRET clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
Works in shop/warehouse environment. Work involves repetitive motions and standing for long periods of time. Work is of a physical nature and requires the incumbent be able to lift 50 lbs overhead and/or repetitively.