Barnes & Noble College is a retail environment like no other – uniquely focused on delivering outstanding customer service. As a Store Manager you are the store’s leader and are accountable for all aspects of the store-- financial results, operations, merchandising, talent acquisition, customer service, and campus relations. You will build and maintain positive relationships with the campus community and your Home Office partners to create the finest and most profitable bookstore for the school campus community we serve. You will be a people manager and have direct involvement with training, directing, and counseling our team to create customer experiences that enhance bookstore loyalty and deliver measurable results for the store and for your school. And best of all, you’ll be part of a company that is consistently rated as a great place to work - and where employees love what they do.
Our stores can carry everything from text and trade books, technology, and school supplies to clothing, regalia, and food-- everything a college student desires, their parents want, and our faculty needs. A Store Manager must be knowledgeable of and a resource for all departments, model exceptional customer service, drive sales, and be a skillful problem solver.
- Execute developed business strategies and identify opportunities drive sales, increase customer satisfaction, and expand store traffic.
- Strong delegation, follow up, and management skills to maintain outstanding visual merchandising standards, ensure availability of merchandise, maintain appropriate inventories, and complete projects in a deadline driven industry.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and sales through effective scheduling, talent acquisition, training, and development of store team members.
- Ability to identify creative solutions, learn independently, embrace change, and act as a change agent.
- Analyze sales figures, interpret trends, and forecast future sales to manage all controllable costs and keep operations profitable.
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service, and health and safety are met by providing a safe and clean store environment and implementing loss prevention measures.
- Frequent movement within the store to access various departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- 5+ years’ supervisory experience in a retail setting preferred or a graduate of the Best Seller Program.
- Bachelors in Business Administration or relevant field preferred.
- Leadership experience to direct and develop a workforce of managers and sales associates.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills to manage campus relationships and corporate initiatives while achieving customer sales and service goals.
- Familiarity with financial and customer service principles.
- Basic reading, writing and accounting skills required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills needed.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Loss Prevention
- Visual Merchandising