Our great client in Hudson Square NYC has an immediate contract to hire opening for a DevOps Engineer. We are not able to provide sponsorship to candidates at this time. If you are interested please apply with resume to URL blocked - click to apply.
This position may sit in either Milwaukee or New York and is a contract to hire need.
• Work within a team to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications prod/non-prod AWS environments.
• Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
• Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
• Work with DevOps leaders in other groups to define and align on standard operating procedures and best practices.
• Automate the provisioning of environments using Ansible, Packer and Terraform.
• Create application deployment pipelines with GitLab CI, Jenkins, and Helm.
• Design and implement strategy to ensure all platform data is highly available and replicated
• Troubleshoot problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
• Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
• Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
• Work with Risk Management and Compliance teams to ensure target services are hardened and secure.
• Identify reoccurring issues and work with Technology and Business partners to remediate using leading industry processes.
• Frequent technologies used in this role would be: AWS, Ansible, Docker, Gitlab, Jenkins, Kubernetes, and Linux Shell Scripting.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• At least 3 years of experience with AWS.
• At least 2 years of experience in automated delivery and developing automation workflows and routines.
• At least 2 years of experience in infrastructure design, implementation and delivery.
• At least 1 year of experience in containerizing applications with Docker and deploying them to Kubernetes.
• Certified AWS Architect.
• Experience with Kubernetes cluster administration and Stateful Sets.
• Experience with Open Source tools such as Ansible, Gitlab CI, Helm, Jenkins and Terraform.
• 1+ years of experience working with Agile Development Practices.
• 2+ years of programming experience with automation or development in Python, Ruby, or equivalent.
• 3+ years of experience Production Support experience in Linux environments.
• 3+ years of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps / Cloud Engineering environment.
• Strong grasp of automation and monitoring tools (ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting).
• Ability to define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Bash (Scripting Language)
Platform As A Services