To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bethesda, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
VP of CX Design & Innovation
ExecuNet • Bethesda, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our Experience Design + Innovation Leader will be charged with providing innovation and experience design services to Company senior leaders to accelerate the development of breakthrough business, brand, operations, and digital platform customer experiences across the global Company enterprise. Reporting to the Chief Customer Experience Officer, this position will have responsibility for an organization of approximately 15 associates, working in an “innovation factory” that is responsible for the design and development of breakthrough product/service prototypes at every customer touchpoint along the travel journey. The CX Design and Innovation team is also serves as the Company’s futurist team, conducting forward looking research on emerging consumer trends, technologies and disruptors. The team also partners with Human Resources to develop programs and education (e.g., Design Thinking, Innovation Days, Travel Incubator) necessary to foster a culture of innovation throughout the company. The CX Design + Innovation team works closely with Company’s CX Growth and Venturing team and key disciplines (Brand, Marketing, Sales, Digital, IT, Global Operations, Global Design and Continents) to bring strategic visions to life fast.
The VP CX Design + Innovation Leader’s discipline, business and talent management leadership will also include:
- Ensuring excellence in the design and delivery of end-to-end customer experiences and new customer products and services.
- Driving customer strategy and journey framing, education, and elevation services through experience design.
- Curation and insight gathering for emerging consumer products and platforms.
- Building and developing a sought-after innovation and experience design team who help synthesize external influences (macro-economic, consumer, competitive trends) with core business performance and stakeholder interests to develop new innovations that result in improved customer experience, revenue growth, and strengthened competitive advantage.
- Stewardship of the Company’s Innovation Blueprint helping Company to be a preeminent leader, across industries, as a progressive consumer and design-led company.
- Partnering with Insights, Advisory, Growth Strategy, Analytics, Brand, Marketing, Operations, Technology, and Continents teams to define and understand customer needs and competitive landscape.
- Establishing a network of internal partners to gain cross-functional leadership perspectives and garner broad business support for strategic initiatives.
- Serving as a Company expert on product and experience design (internally and externally) and key point of interface with discipline and continent leaders on innovation and experience design strategies and issues.
- Developing and nurturing strategic professional relationships internally and externally to identify/create business opportunities that enhance Company’s competitive advantage and to stay abreast of competitor, industry, economic, and internal information trends.
- Develop and champion innovation tools, methodologies, and approaches to cultivate ideas and opportunities that are more diverse, unique, drive quality and speed to market
- Transferring functional knowledge and developing Innovation and Experience Design acumen of CX Design + Innovation associates
- Shows an understanding of the needs of different customer/stakeholder segments and develops appropriate service strategies.
- Creates a service 'oriented environment and empowers others to build strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
- Monitors customer/stakeholder feedback and metrics to improve service delivery.
- Uses appropriate risk management resources when serious customer/stakeholder situations occur.
- Creates and coaches others on promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included.
- Champions the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Ensures processes are in place to address concerns related to equity and fair treatment.
- Brings together people with diverse backgrounds to drive innovation and engagement.
- Establishes diverse partnerships across the industry, profession, and Company.
- Champions the attraction, development, and retention of a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
- Ensures that all associates have the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Implements programs that promote inclusion and engagement.
- Ensures strategies are in place to promote inclusion, enhance engagement, and maximize business results.
- Builds strong working relationships across departments or teams.
- Models and coaches others on creating an open, trusting, and supportive work environment.
- Coaches others on how their behavior impacts coworkers and the work environment.
- Coaches direct reports to work together to set expectations for achieving shared goals.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Creates and holds direct reports accountable for building an environment that supports feedback and ongoing development.
- Sets and models expectations for required behavior, knowledge, and skill levels.
- Provides ongoing feedback and customized coaching to others.
- Develops others by identifying needs and setting appropriate department, team, and individual goals.
- Conducts talent reviews across the business and develops succession plans for key leadership positions.
- Networks with high potential leaders and coaches others on targeted recruitment efforts.
- Uses available recruiting and hiring tools, brings together hiring teams, and makes hiring decisions.
- Supports successful on 'boarding of new hires.
- Continuously improves department, program, team, and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place.
- Puts systems and processes in place to manage department and program performance.
- Brings together the appropriate talent levels and mix of skill sets to drive innovation and performance.
- Establishes and ensures understanding of the scope of decision-making authority for team members.
- Models and holds direct reports accountable for using meetings and other forums to regularly communicate.
Communication and Professional Demeanor
- Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver information in an articulate, understandable, and engaging way.
- Influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
- Keeps leaders informed about key issues.
- Models and coaches others on displaying a leadership style that conveys confidence and gains respect from others.
Leading Through Vision and Values
- Models, coaches, and holds others accountable for leading ethically and with a high degree of integrity.
- Promotes a convincing and inspiring vision for the direction of the Company, brand, and team.
- Models and holds departments and project teams accountable for developing and implementing programs that reflect the Company’s core values.
- Presents the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment and action.
- Encourages others to identify ways to implement desired changes.
- Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
- Models flexibility and adjusts others’ and own priorities when managing multiple demands.
- Manages stakeholder expectations during change.
- Develops strategies and provides resources to implement change.
- Takes steps to minimize the stress others feel when change occurs.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Models and sets expectations for offering suggestions and solving complex problems.
- Uses data from different sources to evaluate alternatives, consider their potential impact, and make decisions.
- Involves key stakeholders to gain agreement and support before making high impact decisions.
- Makes key decisions and guides others to implement solutions in a reasonable amount of time.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of Company, brand, discipline, and program strategies.
- Uses data to thoroughly evaluate opportunities and focuses on those with the greatest potential business impact.
- Adapts global Company and brand strategies into plans that can be implemented within the business to maximize customer/stakeholder satisfaction and profitability.
- Uses data to build program strategies and make the business case for stakeholder commitment.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Uses an understanding of market dynamics and the business environment to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Monitors industry and market changes and adjusts priorities as needed.
- Sets department or team standards and uses key business metrics to evaluate performance.
- Models and coaches others on making business decisions based on data from a variety of sources.
- Evaluates profit and loss statements, develops operating budgets, and conducts forecasting.
- Demonstrates sound business judgment in addressing resource needs and improving efficiencies while balancing associate, customer/stakeholder, and financial results.
- Creates an environment where learning is valued and encouraged.
- Models and sets expectations for others to evaluate own and others’ strengths and developmental needs.
- Secures resources and creates opportunities for self and others to improve performance through stretch assignments and other professional development activities.
- Models and coaches others on staying current on industry and discipline trends and holds others accountable for using relevant best practices.
- Establishes training requirements for the team and holds others accountable for meeting training goals.
- Models and holds others accountable for staying current in area of expertise.
- Shows a strong understanding of the operating principles, resource needs, terminology, and interdependence of all relevant functions to support successful discipline operations.
- Promotes the development of partnerships across teams to solve complex issues and improve performance.
- Ensures compliance with contractual, legal and regulatory requirements.
Building a Successful Team
- Coordinates with other departments and teams and helps clarify the responsibilities of each group.
- Communicates clear expectations about how departments, teams, and individuals contribute to success.
- Considers associates’ strengths and team dynamics when assigning work.
- Coaches and holds others accountable for establishing team 'building strategies and encouraging cooperation.
- Involves team members in making decisions that impact the team.
- Recognizes achievements that support department and team success.
Driving for Results
- Reinforces a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, innovation, and strong business performance.
- Works with others to establish shared and individual goals.
- Monitors department, team, and individual performance.
- Makes sure associates are clear on expectations, timelines, and budget requirements.
- Identifies and focuses on business opportunities that have the highest value for the Company.
- Helps others understand work requirements by explaining why the work is important and by breaking down projects into manageable tasks.
- Analyzes department, team, and individual workload to prioritize tasks and delegate appropriately.
- Identifies and obtains the equipment, materials, personnel, and other resources teams need to accomplish their work.
- Establishes and coaches others on processes for monitoring work quality and project milestones.
Do Innovation Think Company
Our Experience Design + Innovation Leader will need to be more than a creative. They will be a trailblazer in innovative experience design to include realized activation against an increasingly competitive and everchanging environment. They will be an INNOVATION culture builder, leveraging their fluency in the language and expertise in the methodology of innovation and experience design to connect, motivate, and collaborate with global discipline and business leaders and shape the future of our customer experience. In addition to creativity, she/he will also have business savvy and agility to drive the implementation of great ideas or pivot from those that are not promising.
Education and Experience Preferred
- BS/BA degree required; MBA or equivalent preferred.
- 10 or more years in innovation, strategy, and/or brand management concepting, designing, and delivering consumer driven experiences.
- Demonstrated success in interpreting trends and research to design and implement innovative and profitable consumer-focused programs, products and services.
- Demonstrated success in advising internal and/or client stakeholders on customer and market strategies that support brand vision and drive top-line growth.
- Deep understanding of product-centric design and innovation and user experience.
- Strong business perspective, with demonstrated ability to balance strategic and financial implications with new innovations.
- Ability to articulate new concepts clearly and in a compelling way.
- Proven ability to lead cross functional teams in support of specific business priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong ability to present to large and executive level audiences.
- Based in Bethesda, MD