Great family owned Manufacturing company is looking for someone with a good base knowledge in repairing and troubleshooting manufacturing equipment! We will train you on any specific skills below that you are not currently proficient in.
Not only will you work for a great company but you will also receive a $500 sign on bonus after successfully completing 90 days!
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To repair and maintain all facility machines and mechanical equipment, in accordance with schematics, blueprints, operations manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Performs preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of all production equipment including Computer Numeric Controls (CNC) and manual machines, facility air compressors and forklifts
2. Performs maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of water treatment equipment.
3. Performs maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of gas fired burner equipment (paint wash booth, paint ovens, building heaters)
4. Performs maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs pneumatic and hydraulic controls, cylinders, pumps and other related equipment.
5. Performs maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of all electric and electronic components, such as Computer Numeric Controls (CNC), motor starters, relays, proximity switches, timers, limit switches, motor drives and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
6. Oversees operation of Maintenance Department in the absence of, or as delegated by, Maintenance Supervisor
7. Documents maintenance and repair work performed, using designated procedures.
8. Completes all necessary paperwork, including work orders in a timely manner.
9. Complies with all Northern Tool + Equipment policies and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards while performing work.
10. Maintains cleanliness and hygiene of all associated work areas.
11. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
12. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school education or equivalent .
• Extended education equivalent to a 2 year vocational degree
• Minimum of 5 years of experience troubleshooting and repair of production equipment.
• Significant working knowledge of mechanical drive systems, electrical controls, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems.
• Relies on significant experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
• Ability to use test equipment including but not limited to digital multi-meters, ammeters, anemometers, oscilloscopes, leak sensors, and tachometers
• Ability to read and apply schematics and blueprints including but not limited the following areas, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and mechanical.
• Knowledge of janitorial cleaners and practices. Must be able to work with a variety of cleaning agents and chemicals.
• Ability to work safely and comply with all established rules and practices relating to safety and security.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to handle multiple and varied projects.
• Personal Computer skills, Microsoft Word, internet and e-mail.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel and others.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle objects and talk or hear.
• Frequent wrist and/or hand movement is required.
• Occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
• Ability to frequently lift up to 10 pounds, 25 pounds.
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to rarely lift up to 75 pounds, 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distant vision and the ability to adjust focus.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS: