To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Manager Mezzanine Lending
NATIONAL EQUITY FUND INC • Chicago, IL
Posted 1 month ago
We are seeking a Manager, Mezzanine Lending for the New Markets Support Company (NMSC), an affiliate of National Equity Fund, Inc. (NEF). NMSC delivers creative financing solutions to empower underserved communities across the country by increasing access to capital and tailoring our products and services to meet the needs of our clients and partners.
The Mezzanine Lending Manager will be responsible for helping drive the deployment and effective portfolio management of NMSC small business mezzanine loan funds, bringing growth capital to lower middle market companies with a focus on job creation in under-served communities.
- Source and evaluate new investment opportunities
- Analyze valuation, pricing and structuring considerations
- Manage and coordinate the diligence process to include industry and competitive analysis, financial and operating performance assessments, customer and other third-party references, and evaluation of management teams
- Lead the underwriting process to include the development of financial models, industry research and analytics, investor presentations, and investment committee materials
- Manage and coordinate attorneys, accountants, consultants, senior lenders and other capital and service providers
- Engage with portfolio companies and assist management with strategic, financial and operational initiatives
The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics, or related field. MBA highly preferred. A minimum of four to five years of relevant experience in finance, investing or banking. Minimum of two to four years of lower middle market lending experience with operating business focus, either at an investment firm or a commercial bank. Strong credit background and financial modeling skills. Previous experience with New Markets Tax Credit enhanced loan products desirable. Desire to help build a mission-driven lending business; interest in social impact investing. Skill set must include strong problem-solving, communication, inter-personal, organizational and time management skills. Self-starter with strong motivation to succeed supported by a committed work ethic. Ability to travel a minimum of 10-20%.
We offer a competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits package.
Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements via fax to (312) 360-0804, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to National Equity Fund, Human Resources Department, 10 South Riverside Plaza, Ste. 1700, Chicago, IL 60606.
NEF/NMSC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER