Rentokil is the market leader for commercial and residential services in North America. We serve more than 60,000 clients taking care of their internal landscaping and/or pest control needs. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world's leading brands. Our company partners with industries such as health care, commercial property, manufacturing, distribution, retail, food service, and hospitality. We strive to Protect People and Enhance Lives.
The Regional Director position is viewed as a key position for implementing change …"Continuous Improvement"… within our district offices. He/She has major responsibilities for coaching and developing field leaders to deliver world class support to our colleagues and clients. The Regional Director is responsible for overall guidance of the region. He/She must possess excellent time management skills, the ability to communicate strategies and expectations in a clear manner, and the ability to delegate duties for increased efficiency. The Regional Director must be motivational and understand the balance between delivering results while developing relationships with colleagues and clients.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist district leadership in achieving goals and objectives that fit within overall company missions, visions, and values.
- Help district managers and coworkers identify strengths and weaknesses and areas of opportunities. (MIOs)
- Help the district leadership maintain focus on key objectives.
- Provide input to and approve district staffing levels and help relate objectives to staffing needs.
- Responsible for "championing change" in programs and district processes including implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Gather best practices/benchmarks from other districts within region, other regions, and Home Office support functions.
- Help Home Office support functions create best practice models and provide proper balance between best practices and local diversity.
- Play a supporting role with operations, sales, and office leadership positions.
- Monitor and assess quality of the coaching of all levels of district colleagues.
- Play a critical role in the budget process, colleague goal setting, performance review, and performance processes.
- Serve at a senior level role for the district in resolving customer disputes, complaints, and claims handling.
- Perform quality assessments by assisting in QAI's and Goodwill visits with district leaders for our largest clients.
- Responsible for providing input and development of company policies and programs as a member of the Senior Leadership Group.
- Monitor effectiveness and quality of interaction between district and Home Office functions.
- Support the Regional Sales Management team, promote sales training, sales recognition and effective sales practices.
- Play a key role in acquiring and merging new companies into existing operations or establishing new districts through "start-up" activities.
Performance Criteria - Leadership: Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Develops the management team within the district to deliver world class customer experiences in all areas within their region.
- Drives the implementation of company programs by motivating and supporting the management team within the district to develop and implement action plans that meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Manages through unusual events to keep district operating to standard.
- Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Rentokil NA.
- Plans, identifies, communicates and delegates key responsibilities and practices to the operations and services management team to ensure smooth flow of operations within the district.
- Reviews district environments and key business indicators within the business to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching to the operations and service management team to take action and achieve operational goals.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Creates district implementation plans to support execution of regional and company initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business results.
- Follows up consistently to ensure accountability to plans.
- Monitors and manages district-wide management staffing levels.
- Ensures management-level partner development and talent acquisition in order to achieve and maintain district operational requirements.
- Utilizes existing tools to identify and prioritize communications to the management team within the district.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective operations at the district and regional level.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Accesses external resources to support district-wide operations and to execute district and regional initiatives.
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for nonexempt partners.
- Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community.
- Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in district performance.
Years of Experience Type of Experience Required/Preferred
Service Industry Management
- Strong background in management, sales, training, relationship development and/or excellent customer experience.
- At least five years business management or equivalent level position.
- Experience in analyzing financial reports in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a multi-unit environment.
- Successful background in pest control management or interior landscaping in commercial and/or residential segments beneficial, but not required.
- Supervisory skills required.
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test.
- Required to meet all company Motor Vehicle Record (MVP) requirements.
Degree/Diploma Obtained Program of Study Required/Preferred
High School Diploma or GED
- High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent;
- Prefer a four year degree from an accredited college or university or/combination of experience, education and training
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We are Proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Link to Federal employment poster:
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply