Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
440 S. McLean Blvd
Elgin, IL 60123
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Welding Machines to ensure quality parts are produced and provided to the customer in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set-up and operate any and all Welding equipment and fixtures in a safe and efficient manner.
- Set-up and adjust welding machine to achieve a quality product.
- Perform first piece and continual inspections of parts using precision measuring instruments.
- Perform daily upkeep and routine maintenance, keeping equipment and production area in good working order.
- Follow instructions from lead person and supervisors.
- Perform minor maintenance on welding equipment and fixtures.
- Request needed supplies for welding department.
- Comply with and support all aspects of the company’s quality management program.
- Instruct lesser skilled employees in the welding area.
Skills and Experience
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills normally acquired through a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have one (1) year experience in welding
- General knowledge of precision measuring instruments.
- General understanding of basic welding operations
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Certified Nursing Assistant