The purpose of the internship is to provide the student with supervised practice at the work site or in the office in the continuing daily operations of construction. Interns will assist the Engineer and/or the Superintendent in the field through assistance, coordination and distribution of information required to construct the project on time, within budget and to quality standard. The intern reports to the Project Engineer or Project Superintendent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Engineer with obtaining information and approvals for processing shop drawings and submittals.
- Disseminate Construction information to appropriate parties.
- Assist in the preparation of contract items list
- Monitor field variations and keep the Project Superintendent informed of any changes.
- Ensure that subcontractors understand and adhere to the job schedule.
- Ensure subcontractor compliance with Turner’s safety program, safety codes and regulations.
- Perform other duties as necessary or assigned
Working toward a four year degree in Engineering or Architecture or equivalent is preferred with at least two (2) years of education, and a basic knowledge of building construction experience. Capable of identifying problems and recommending corrective actions. Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite programs. Strong ability to demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor