Job DetailsJob Location
Charlotte Showroom - Charlotte, NCPosition Type
Full TimeTravel Percentage
Some TravelJob Category
The position of Market Manager (Construction) is vital to our success and is tasked with two essential components of our growing business. Our MDM in Charlotte will take responsibility for the overall strategy development and execution of the Charlotte market and Western North Carolina. The incumbent will identify and implement strategies to grow our business, define and refine project delivery processes, create and implement tools and best practices to improve productivity and efficiency of the construction team, and work with counterparts on Alfred Williams & Company's furniture team to identify and exploit synergies and share best practices.
Our Market Manager also holds formal reporting responsibility for the sales, customer service, and design team based in Charlotte, NC.
This role is based in Charlotte, NC and works out of our showroom in Charlotte. The territorial responsibility includes western NC (Greensboro to the western state line) as well as South Carolina. Market Managers report to the Director of Interior Construction.Specific Responsibilities:
- Establish and monitor continuous team training and development.
- Establish performance standards and goals for individual team members and hold team members accountable to perform to those standards.
- Plan and execute best pursuit strategies, assign and manage resources for project pursuits.
- Participate in team and construction meetings and monitor business development activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships to AWC Construction Services' vendors in manufactured (pre-fab) interior construction solutions, provide frequent and constant updates and forecasts to ensure smooth manufacturing/project delivery.
- Understand the full breadth of AWC Construction Services' product offerings as well as building codes, OSHA regulations, and ADA requirements.
- Work closely with Alfred Williams & Company's furniture account manager to share leads, projects, contacts, etc.
- Conceptualize and execute training exercises to educate furniture account managers about the benefits of manufactured interior construction and capabilities of DIRTT.
- Create the overall market strategy to prioritize leads and potential targets and develop the plan to establish relationships with end users, owners representatives, architects, developers, and general contractors.
- Work with DIRTT market representatives to cover leads and potential targets and execute the strategic market plan.
- Evaluate and coordinate each team member's strengths and weaknesses to ensure best possible team outcomes and deployment of each team member to the best of his/her abilities.
- Plan and execute client/partner entertainment opportunities such as happy hours, dinners, outings, and general BD opportunities to foster relationship building.
- Participate in market goal setting and define overall success for the market territory.
- Report regularly on the progress of strategy implementation, goals, and overall market development.
- Help problem solve and provide managerial support for project challenges, help with client relationship management and solve project related problems.
Requirements & About Us
- A 4-year college degree or similar education, preferred.
- Highly organized individual with the ability to work on multiple high-complexity initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work the occasional late hour and travel within the Carolinas for work.
- Excellent team player and communicator.
We offer market competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- 401(K) with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- Health and Wellness Incentives
About Alfred Williams & Company: For over 155 years, Alfred Williams & Company has evolved to become a leader in commercial furniture and pre-constructed solutions. We are one of the largest Herman Miller dealers in the nation and a designated partner to DIRTT in the Carolinas, Nashville, TN, Austin & San Antonio, TX, and Louisiana.
Alfred Williams & Company is headquartered in Raleigh, NC with offices in Durham, NC, Greensboro, NC, Charlotte, NC, Columbia, SC, Greenville, SC, Mt. Pleasant, SC, and Nashville, TN, Austin, TX, San Antonio, TX, Baton Rouge, LA. Please visit www.alfredwilliams.com for more information.
Alfred Williams & Company is proud to be an EEO/AAP employer M/F/D/V.
- Building Codes
- Business Development
- Customer Relationship Management